lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Go on to their profile page and click start a conversation, once you’ve typed it press send or start can’t remember which

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
If their avatar is on a page you’re viewing, click on it, click on start a conversation.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
If you cannot see their avatar, just click on Inbox at the top of the page and then start a conversation. You will have to type in their username though.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I have had a couple of chaps recently try to start conversations by writing on my profile. Am I right in thinking this would be public so not to put any "sensitive" information on there?

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I have had a couple of chaps recently try to start conversations by writing on my profile. Am I right in thinking this would be public so not to put any "sensitive" information on there?
Yes those messages on your profile page are public..... I’ve just had a look :whistle::whistle::)

OP
OP
The Cruisers
Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
I’ve tried sending a pm. I typed out the lengthy message and then couldn’t find the send button anywhere. There were three choices. There was a Start conversation, download something or preview. It’s disappeared now so I might start again. Any help gratefully received thanks.

Also is a pm private and for the recipient only?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I’ve tried sending a pm. I typed out the lengthy message and then couldn’t find the send button anywhere. There were three choices. There was a Start conversation, download something or preview. It’s disappeared now so I might start again. Any help gratefully received thanks.

Start Conversation is the one you want.
The only people who can read a PM are those you include in the address box. You can also disable responses if you want, but then why send a message?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

Did you put a title on the 'conversation' ? No title and it will not send...
As others have said, click on the avatar of the person you want to message
A box will come up.. Look for 'start a conversation'
Put a title in the top bit and under it your message :)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Go on to their profile page and click start a conversation, once you’ve typed it press send or start can’t remember which
I stand to be corrected but I do not think there is a stat conversation button on the profile page Lorger, and leaving a message on a profile page is often doomed as the person will not get a notification of the message AND it is public.
I have found messages on my profile that had been posted months before... Poor buggers who sent them must of thought I was a right prat for ignoring them!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I stand to be corrected but I do not think there is a stat conversation button on the profile page Lorger, and leaving a message on a profile page is often doomed as the person will not get a notification of the message AND it is public.
I have found messages on my profile that had been posted months before... Poor buggers who sent them must of thought I was a right prat for ignoring them!

I possibly missed a bit out :) you then have to click information and you'll see it there, or just click on avatar and its there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back