Pre-paid Travel cards (Revolut, FairFX etc) info about possible charges (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Also Revolut are going to restrict how many ATM withdrawals you can make once you go over £200/€200 etc:

ATM Withdrawals​

If you're on a Standard plan

As a reminder, there is currently a GBP 200 limit on free monthly ATM withdrawals on our Standard plan. After this, you begin paying a 2% fee. We are changing this, by adding a limit on the total number of ATM withdrawals as well, and by setting a minimum fee once your free allowance runs out.

Going forward:
  • Your GBP 200 free monthly limit will remain the same, and once you hit it you will still begin paying a fee.
  • We are also introducing a limit of five ATM withdrawals as well. Once you hit this, you will also begin paying a fee.
  • Both of these limits apply independently. You will start paying a fee as soon as you hit one, even if you don’t hit the other.
  • The fee is still 2%, but we are adding a minimum fee of GBP 1. This means you will pay the greater of GBP 1 or 2% of the withdrawal.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Caxton pre-paid card also has this dormancy fee policy as well as I found out though I only had a couple of quid on it. I have better options now so just keep it as a backup option.

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
The main point is with Revolut I don't withdraw cash on it so the charges are irrelevant to ME
I found long ago that IF I need cash in Spain I use my Santander Card in a Santander machine it costs nothing except commission

The main reason for the Revolut card is to buy food and fuel which you can now (a few years ago their card would not work on a 24hr fuel forecourt)

Deleted User
No dormancy fee with Revolut, £200 per rolling month ATM, there is nothing in that article about any withdrawal number limits nor on my Revolut app.
That article actually puts Revolut at the top of the recommended list.
I would hardly call a £2 charge being stung.
I don't consider Revolut to be a prepaid currency card, it is a virtual bank account.
Edit: Just checked the Revolut website and it does say a free limit of 5 withdrawals a month which I can't really see as a problem given the £200 limit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Only just cottoned on to the Caxton dormancy fee. I have had 230 euro sitting in my account since last summer and I find they have been charging me 2.30 euro a month for the priviledge of me lending it to them. I have now withdrawn total balance.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I was pleased a few days ago to transfer money into my Revolut account, internally exchange into Swedish Krona and then transfer to my sister’s Swedish account all free of charges.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I got rid of the FairFX card after the fiasco of it being frozen last year with £1200 on.

I now use a Halifax Clarity credit card.

I was on a Post Office card but since they were taken over by Jaja, their customer service was dreadful and they charged me late fees and interest when they actually had my money so they can jog on.

It’s a minefield.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back