Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Nothing serious guys but there are two small things which Pilote Owners (MY16 onwards) should keep an eye on.

1. Firstly, there have been a few vans that I know about which have suffered from an ill fitting rubber seal around the hab door. This allows water to enter and collect in the hab door footwell during heavy rainfall. It will not damage the van due to the materials used in the construction but it will a.) stain your carpet and b.) indicate a high reading on any hab check. . In some cases the actual hab door will need to be adjusted by a couple of millimetres to help achieve a seal. I've heard about this issue on a P650GJ, P740C, P740GJ (my own van) and a Galaxy 7-series.

2. Secondly, keep an eye on the little rubber washers that are attached to the end of the internal catches which secure the garages. They can slip off by accident and if they do then the compression of the door seal on the frame will be lost and you'll get water ingress.

Just small points so nothing to worry about. :xThumb:

All the best,

Andrew

Clifford Dive

Free Member
Aug 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650C
Exp
C Class
We've had the puddles in the door-well on our P650C, and now have a leak in the over-cab skylight too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back