Poland - ACSI Campsites (2 Viewers)

Aug 23, 2009
Burnham on Sea-late of Mortagne sur Gironde
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stargazer
Exp
Since 1995
I have just been looking at Polish campsites and note that while there are 113 on the ACSI App they do not appear in the book. I wondered if anyone knows the reason for this. Same goes for Romania and some other Eastern European countries.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Can't answer your question, but we stayed at the Mariner in Szczecin last summer and it was fine. You can't book, but it was peak holiday season and we always had a pitch. You can't reserve them either. But it worked. We will be back next year. Very helpful staff and friendly campers. You cannot wild camp in Poland....and it's a legal requirement to drive with your lights on.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Marina

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We are thinking of heading to Poland this summer, would be nice to know what it was like and if its worth the effort

Can't answer your question, but we stayed at the Mariner in Szczecin last summer and it was fine. You can't book, but it was peak holiday season and we always had a pitch. You can't reserve them either. But it worked. We will be back next year. Very helpful staff and friendly campers. You cannot wild camp in Poland....and it's a legal requirement to drive with your lights on.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
We are thinking of heading to Poland this summer, would be nice to know what it was like and if its worth the effort

We went principally to meet up with my son and family and specifically to meet our youngest Granddaughter, so ulterior motives if you like. Having said that we stayed in Kluczewo ( pronounced Clue Chay Vo) which is in the Polish Lake District and had a lovely time exploring ramshackle villages, the expansive forests and the lakes themselves. Which, if you are into water sports, caters for every variety. It's quite fascinating because there's lots of relics left from both the Russian and the German occupation. In fact digging in the garden of my sons in laws farmhouse, unearthed a nazi coffee pot ( complete with painted swastica) and a German WW2 pfennig ( fluted like our old three penny bit, but much, much thinner) weird architecture too. Czaplinek is the nearest town to Klucaewo. I've taken a couple of photos from a guide book we got from the tourist information bureau in Czaplinek ( pronounced Chap Lin eck)
When we go back in the summer, we plan to head to the Baltic coast prior to visiting Klucaewo again......and Szczecin.

OP
OP
Chas17
Aug 23, 2009
Burnham on Sea-late of Mortagne sur Gironde
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stargazer
Exp
Since 1995
Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. I have my toe in the water for a possible visit this Summer and you provide useful information. Szczecin looks like a good start point. The original question was in passing really but I think Joyce and Brian may have the answer.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We almost got there last year but ended up spending more time in Czech so no direct experience

But would recommend you check out the toll system, they have a go box setup similar to Austria but its not easy to work out which roads are affected. There have been quite a few people caught out by it.

Hth
Jon

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

While it officially forbidden, I think the law was made, like most ex-Communist E. European countries, in Communist times. We live in Poland and do wildcamp as do others and have never had a problem. I think it is not that the authorities object just that they have never repealed the law. Or maybe they keep it just in case they have problems with groups of 'travellers' doing anti-social things, but we have never seen any travellers.

Geoff

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
We have never camped in Poland, but having stayed in and around Krakow we found it to be a great place to be and high on our "to camp" list.
Thats to camp, not, too camp.
Phil

Reactions: f6c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back