Places to stay near Cardiff or Chepstow please ? (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Have to pay a visit to Chepstow in the next couple of weeks and will be visiting Cardiff as well. Whether we stay at either matters not.

So looking for a nice quiet site in either area or between the two.

Recommendations most welcome. .

Thanks ...

Angel005

Free Member
Aug 15, 2018
Funster No
Try Tredegar Park on outskirts of Newport. Good site nearer to Cardiff than Chepstow. I think it is Cararvan & Camping site. Easy access from M4

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
I have stayed on Cardiff campsite about a 10 to 15 mins walk from Cardiff castle not cheap at £30 per night but if you wish to visit the centre great location staying further out may be cheaper but by the time you add on transport costs I think this site is worth the extra.

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
Try Tredegar Park on outskirts of Newport. Good site nearer to Cardiff than Chepstow. I think it is Cararvan & Camping site. Easy access from M4
It's the Caravan & Motorhome Club (or whatever they are called now), but I agree - it is a very nice site. The one in Sophia Gardens is exceptionally convenient to Cardiff city centre, the stadium and has excellent dog walking and cycle hire but is expensive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
Definitely agree with the comments re Pontcanna Fields (Sophia Gardens). Really convenient for the centre of Caerdydd. We were there for the Wales England 6 Nations and some of the licals even set up a dumping space for our English chariots where the wheels had fallen off. Go to the indoor market if you have time. The Welsh Cakes are meltingly lovely.
Cael gwyliau da

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Thank you all very much....

I’m struggling to find a direct link to Pontcanna field / Sophia gardens.

Beanhill Farm looks very nice and we do like peace and quiet when we’re away (y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back