• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD PIAGGIO MP3 400 LT 3 WHEELER (CAR LICENSE) / ARMITAGE TRAILER (NEW) - £2950 (1 Viewer)

Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Quite a while.....though not long enough
Hi,

I went to collect the Piaggio on Friday (yes, 4 days ago) with a Brand New Armitage MP3 Trailer - Manufactured August 2018. The plan was to take it to France with us for the summer all being well.

I went for this setup as the trailer is side loaded with only a 790mm wide bed, thus it doesn't add a great deal of length to our setup. Also, for use abroad, the ramps go on the right hand side of the trailer, so it is in the correct orientation to load and unload away from the carriageway - (the image below shows the wrong load side, it's a library photo).

The Bike can be ridden legally on a car license as it is the LT model with the footbrake, handbrake, wider front wheel track, etc. Which we needed as I do not have a motorcycle license.

It is the 400IE (injection) LT model, and is really (REALLY) easy to ride (no gears, very stable, etc) - however, I didn't take into consideration that Suzy is not really a fan of Bikes (or speed), and when after a quick familiarisation of it with myself, and subsequently taking Suzy on the back of it to a constant chatter in my ear of "SLOW DOWN. YOU'RE GOING TOO FAST. STOP LEANING RIGHT OVER. I DON'T LIKE THIS).

Having now slept on the dilemma, it's quite clear to me that this is not going to work. So I am going to try and sell it all as one job lot / full package.

The Bike is a 2009, it comes with the Piaggio Top Storage Box (Large, will fit 2 full faced helmets in - and cost circa £370 with fitting kit), security lock, unused bike cover still in packaging, steering hitch lock (new), trailer (one return trip old), ramps, heavy duty ratchets, handlebar straps, winch (the trailer on it's own without the winch is £1,500 the winch is another £120, and the LED light upgrade is a further £80). Being the latest model of trailer, the ramps and winch are safely and conveniently stored within the trailer.

The bike comes with an extensive amount of documentation and it had a minor service last week before I collected it. There are also 2 sets of keys, with the original red key which is required should you ever need to reprogram the system (it has a built in immobiliser). It is in great condition (there are some minor marks and knocks as to be expected), but you wouldn't be disappointed with it, as it was previously owned by a Vespa / Piaggio enthusiast. There is even a mobile phone / sat nav holder that has been fitted to the front, and it has the wind deflector screen in place which I would imagine is a must at speed.

The bike starts on the button and if you want it to, it can shift (this is where I went wrong with Suzy on the back!).

I will take some good images when I get chance, but below is the bike, and the trailer (library photos - and our trailer loads from the other side).

I would like £2,950 for the full kit, but will listen to any sensible offers as I can no longer see us using it (not with both of us on it anyway).

Thanks

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I've given your post a 'like' because it looks a great outfit and a very good price!

But oh, what a shame... :cry: :(

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
A real bargain for someone, not me, I've already got a similar set-up).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Thanks, it's the perfect setup in my opinion (which is why I ended up travelling 300 miles in total to collect everything up) - it's basically all ready to go today if we wanted to set off with it - all except Suzy, lol.

Jul 22, 2013
Altrincham
Funster No
MH
Chausson 718xlb
Exp
I was a newbie
Thanks Ian, same question as janveg, whereabouts are you? Mick

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
I missed one of the images off - will still try and get some of the actual trailer when I get chance.

Broken Link Removed

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
Hil and I have same problem, although she is happy in the Right hand seat of the MH that scares me. Our answer is for me to ride pillion to her, I have even been known to fall asleep as the pillion of our Bergman was so comfortable.

Parapilot

Free Member
Dec 29, 2015
Whiston
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
6 years
I'd be interested in taking a look, depending where in NW you are ?
I currently tow a Burgman 650 on a standard trailer but it makes the whole rig almost 40 feet so something shorter might be better.

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
I'd be interested in taking a look, depending where in NW you are ?
I currently tow a Burgman 650 on a standard trailer but it makes the whole rig almost 40 feet so something shorter might be better.

You have a PM

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Hi,

Can I just check if you guys are getting the PM`s that I send? Just that I have sent about 4 but not heard anything back, questioning if it's working my side as I seem to be sending them as a conversation (I cannot find a PM button).

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
You could always put this on your helmet :)
19C069D5-8C36-4938-803E-A99C50A3DF70.jpeg

When we had the big Kawi, back in our yooof, I’m sure this is how MrsB rode pillion, but she’s not right in the head ;):)
F0D10543-D41C-4177-BCC7-D6F79894C29E.jpeg

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
You've overlooked the best option - get rid of wife.

lol - it never crossed my mind, honestly

(the above comment has nothing to do with the fact that she also views the forum!)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
lol - it never crossed my mind, honestly

It goes without saying I meant ride solo. What's wrong with you enjoying your passion ? I've just done a quick tour of Wales solo.

You never know, if you were in permanent big grin mode she might venture on it a bit.

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
It goes without saying I meant ride solo. What's wrong with you enjoying your passion ? I've just done a quick tour of Wales solo.

You never know, if you were in permanent big grin mode she might venture on it a bit.

I agree, there is nothing at all wrong with doing it solo. I just don't think it would work for us (Suzy works term time, so we kind of do everything together when away).

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I agree, there is nothing at all wrong with doing it solo. I just don't think it would work for us (Suzy works term time, so we kind of do everything together when away).

Go on, try it. Don't give up so easily. It won't be worth less in 6 months.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
I have the same problem. My wife often gives me the NUT of disapproval thesedays at anything over slow.
We have started using a toad now and again, something I was really against, but needs must.
Phil

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
I have the same problem. My wife often gives me the NUT of disapproval thesedays at anything over slow.
We have started using a toad now and again, something I was really against, but needs must.
Phil

Suzy is the opposite in the Van, she usually gives me the hurry up. It's just on 2 or 3 wheels she isn't happy.

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Hi,

THANKS, for all the initial interest in this, but we'd like to move it on before we go on our next tour in July as we don't want to leave it stood for a while, so I think we are going to split it and put an advert on autotrader.

(obviously, feel free to send me a message if genuinely interested in it).

Regards

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp

I know this post wasn't specifically pointed to ourselves.

But I fancied using the easy lifter having used it before (the original one about 10 years ago), unfortunately it doesn't work for our current Van as you cannot replace the tow eye easily, as it appears to be factory fitted by Concorde and the cut out for the rear bumper doesn't allow it to be easily connected.

Parapilot

Free Member
Dec 29, 2015
Whiston
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
6 years
I've had both.
The easylifter mechanism fouled against the large protruding bumper on my Hymer, so I bought a Hydratrail instead.
Sadly the Hydratrail was load rated less than the very heavy Burgman 650 which is also very wide and low, so the lower fairing / footplates fouled against the Hydratrail mechanism.

The easylifter range is great for standard scooters and motorbikes but not the large / heavy extremes.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
This is something I’d be very interested in unfortunately I’ve just had a new hip on Wednesday and wouldn’t be able to test drive it until July, I certainly wouldn’t buy it without taking Lorraine on the back just in case she didn’t like it like Suzy.
If you still have it available mid July pm me as I said I’d be very interested.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back