Peugeot Majestic central locking (2 Viewers)

Jul 4, 2021
North Dorset
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
We’re picking up our MH this Saturday and I have a nagging thought that something isn’t right with the central locking - does anyone on here have a Majestic van? How does the cab central locking work remotely? There is an alarm fob but the van key doesn’t have any buttons and when we were looking I couldn’t get the cab to lock from the fob. Any help offered is appreciated

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
almichie on my 2015 Peugeot based Bailey there are 2 keys for the cab, one without buttons that only unlocks from the drivers door and one with 3 buttons to lock/unlock the cab & hab doors remotely. I would think you should be given both keys at handover.

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
As above, one three button key, middle button locks everything, bottom button hab door, top button cab door. Other key none remote will unlock cab door only. The should be a key code card which should not be left in the van but kept somewhere safe. You should also get two keys for water filler and cassette door. Ours has a key for the cab different to the ignition key. A cloned remote three button key is around £120 to £140. So make sure you get all the keys.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
almichie
Jul 4, 2021
North Dorset
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Many motorhomes do not have central locking as standard. Are you sure yours does have it?
The button on the dash locks both doors, so it has cab central locking - I assumed it would have a remote function based on the age?

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
We have had central locking as standard on our 2003,2008,2012 & 2019 three on Fiat base one on Peugeot.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back