Peugeot boxer Autosleeper stereo upgrrade (1 Viewer)

Penzance76

Free Member
Feb 25, 2021
Funster No
MH
Peugeot autosleeper
Hi. I really hope someone can give me some advice. We bought a lovely 1999 Peugeot Boxer Autosleeper and absolutely love it. But the stereo is awful. Is there a way of changing it from single to double Din to allow fore a Sat Nav CarPlay unit. Or a good pop up display unit? If anyone has done this please please let me know.
many thanks

Dec 16, 2015
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years
I’ve got a 2010 autocruise boxer and am thinking of doing the same thing myself. On mine there is a gap above the current radio so I think a dual Din unit should fit in ok,

I tried changing the radio over a few years ago, but ended up reverting back as the replacement radio didn’t have an auto power off feature that I think is pretty essential in a motorhome.

I currently use an iPad mini for Satnav - am hoping new head unit would remove the need.

My main requirement is Apple carplay (ideally Wireless} to provide sat nav (TomTom) and music/podcasts etc, from phone, double din sized touch screen, able to work with ignition off, auto power off after timeout, CD player, fm radio {not sure if FM only or also DAB}

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
There doesn't seem to be a double din adapter for that dash from what I can see so a pop up display would probably be your best bet. The downsides are that the display would be in an awkwardly low position, assuming the sliding heater control doesn't clash with it also.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I tried changing the radio over a few years ago, but ended up reverting back as the replacement radio didn’t have an auto power off feature that I think is pretty essential in a motorhome.
I would have thought that was the last thing you would want, you must have seen the amout of complaints on Fun about it.
Last thing you want is the sound turning off 20min into a TV program you are watching if you have the TV sound wired to the head unit.
I always wire my head unit to the leisure battery.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Not finding a decent way to get double DIN into my 2006 Boxer, or a single DIN that added what I wanted at a price I liked, I added a Pure Highway 400 to our boxer.

Working well for me as with it I can add my iPhone via its Bluetooth link.
Or get DAB radio.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back