Permis peche

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by MrsBB, Jul 16, 2014.

1. MrsBB

MrsBB

Ratings:
    +82
    Any advice regarding fishing in France? Like coarse fishing but the cost of a fishing permit seems a bit high. How's anybody else go about it ? Any good aires next to fishing? Thinking of going down towards dordogne.
    Thanks

2. DBK

DBK Funster

Ratings:
    +28,477
    On my last visit to the Dordogne we watched from our van as they pulled a dead fisherman from the water. It looked as if he had been wading and been swept away over a weir. But I suspect you will be safer coarse fishing!

My only observation would be I have only ever seen one coarse fisherman actually land a fish in France and that was on the Nantes-Brest canal last year, which otherwise looks an attractive bit of water. For a canal.

You are always going to struggle on an unknown water so I can only suggest seeing what fishing forums there are. This should get you some specific advice on the best places to go. A bit of Googling might result in a bite, so to speak.