Perished tyre valve (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Just been washing the van before travelling back home tomorrow and one of the tyre valves leaked as I brushed it with the sponge. I then checked it and it has perished. These are on my winter wheel/tyres that are only 4 years old and only used during the winter. They are stored in my shed when not being used and are covered.
They are only rubber valves and was thinking about getting metal valves after reading about tyre pressures but that shouldn't cause perishing.

Just glad I spotted it before it fell apart. Will get replacement metal vales ASAP.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I had a similar issue with rubber valves on a caravan, washing the wheels after it had been stood for about a year as we had bought the MH and tssssssss valve leaking so had them changed and fitted metal on the MH.

Martin

jo10000_6

Free Member
Dec 21, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 Classic
Exp
Jan 2018
I had one perish and got a flat on the drive thankfully. Got them all checked and another one was on its way out - don't want to think about what might have happened had I been driving because the valve that failed let the tyre down pretty damn quick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back