Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Any info on this route please via Somport tunnel, would like to stop off at Oradour sur Glane so Limoges Perigueux Mamande Pau just looking as maybe a alternative to the Irun route to Benidorm, looking towards the end of this month would the weather/snow be ok as well ?? In no rush so time not a problem.
Thanks

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
We came over the Somport tunnel route last January from Benidorm to Pau, stayed in the town center Aire / Carpark in Pau, The route was clear, the Spanish roads are a lot better than on the French approach, all in all a good route.:)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
You need check weather as you get closer.. It changes so fast, can be fine at Oleron st Marie and then thick snow near the tunnel. Also at times they place a "snow chain" requirement...
Have been down many times in winter and always make a decision when I am down there....

Agree with Tremy, the Spanish side is a lot better....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hi Dave

We did more or less that route back up this month, we used the pass not the Somport tunnel, which was not worth the effort, but the scenery around Zaragozza was amazing

The one thing I did think was the roads down from Limoges to Pau were on the narrow side and busier with lorries than we remember for other bits of France. But it might just seem busy because of the narrowness. But you have even more time than us so no real problem taking an extra day I guess, we just felt intimidated by lorries pushing us at 90kph +

On the pass road there are huge ski car parks, so the weather must have some potential impact, but I would hope that November would still be OK

Have fun

David and Bev

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back