LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
The motorhome is through her MOT with no advisories. I know it should not have been a problem but there is always that little niggle :)

They were supposed to do the hab check as well but are short staffed and running behind with a job that needs to be finished today (the people go on holiday tomorrow) so I said I would take her in on Thursday just before closing so they can start first thing on Friday. They did say the hab check takes 4 hours as everything is serviced and tested :) I'll need to fully clear the garage in that case. The living area is pretty much empty but you should see our guest bedroom - looks like a bomb has dropped.

rich g

Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
Well done with MOTs i have my car and campervan next week so hope all goes well.
Three weeks ago i had habitation check all went well until i went to Chester and smelt gas,phoned the guy twice who did the check no answer so got a gas engineer out to fix problem,who thought the man who carried out the hab check caused the problem.
I have no proof but will not use him again.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Well done with MOTs i have my car and campervan next week so hope all goes well.
Three weeks ago i had habitation check all went well until i went to Chester and smelt gas,phoned the guy twice who did the check no answer so got a gas engineer out to fix problem,who thought the man who carried out the hab check caused the problem.
The "like" is in sympathy not because I like the contents of the post.

Hope the MOTs go well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Disaster. My Transit T350 van was due to go for mot so I gave it the check over all fine EXCEPT the exhaust tailpipe is rotten so off to the commercial supply company up the road, to get another, However it is a special and the sideways bend is bent forwards to clear the step and then out. Nothing in stock like it at all as it is probably a Chausson part. so I have ordered three 90 degree bends to go sideways forward then sideways again a bit of a faff but I do get to make it fit without the annoying rattle I used to get when the original one hit the skirt. I did have to cancel the test as the new pipes will take a day to arrive but they will cost £24 but I dread to think how much a PROPER pipe would cost and how long to get.

Weinsbergaman

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Wirral, North West England
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
I'm a newbie

If that's true then the Gas Engineer has a duty to report the matter to RIDDOR!! http://www.hse.gov.uk/riddor/

We all have a duty to stop anyone testing/working on Gas appliances who are NOT competent. Please ask you new Gas Engineer to report the matter, IT's THE LAW.

Thanks Antony

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
My T4 went in for MOT and unfortunately failed, nothing too bad, a couple of ball joints need replacing, I seem to be haemorrhaging money at the moment though!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Ours passed.

Although it should as it had a full service and check before it went (freed off the brake callipers and adjusted hand brake).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back