Jul 8, 2008
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
6 yr
just got this from another site

Well finally got word back from Portland Council as regards sleeping overnight in one of their car parks in a motorhome bay, no further action under the circumstances.

This was after i pointed it out to them that a PCN notice could not be issued for sleeping overnight in a vehicle as it was not illegal to sleep in a vehicle in the UK, and further more using PCN Code 68 (i think it was) Using a parking bay for other than it was designated doesn't stand as i was in a motorhome bay using my motorhome for the purpose it was built, live sleep eat etc. if they didnt want motorhomes then dont put motorhome bays in.

I wonder how many other poor souls have been ticketed and paid.

I really feel like making a song and dance about this as it's wrong that a council can issue PCN's when they haven't the legal right to do s

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
There's loads of parking for motorhomes right on the seafront, including overnight, although expensive.

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
@2bob

Which site did this come from? I'm interested in reading the full story. On my mind, if the council carpark stipulates no overnight sleeping, then surely they could issue a PCN for breech of terms and conditions.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
@2bob

Which site did this come from? I'm interested in reading the full story. On my mind, if the council carpark stipulates no overnight sleeping, then surely they could issue a PCN for breech of terms and conditions.
So it is ok to sleep during the day ?

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
What if you were not sleeping but just resting your eyes , as unless they managed to get a pic of you in bed with eyes shut , by virtue of the fact that you responded when challenged at the time you would prove you were a awake ? Otherwise how could they disprove that you were not engaged in "other activities" rather than sleep which they do not prohibit

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
2bob
Jul 8, 2008
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
6 yr
@2bob

@2bob

MOTORHOME & CAMPER VANS UK

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
As a Once upon a time HGV driver, I have often wondered about this, having many times "slept" in "Car" parks. Taking into consideration the fact that it is illegal to drive more than your certain number of hours/day - week. Trunking all over the UK. If you get "Stuck" with your Hours and breaks. (not that hard, when you get phone calls late at night from some scheduler who is still wet behind the ears). You become between a "rock and hard place". Can`t legally move the rig, can`t legally "rest".? And before someone says "truck stops", Most are places I wouldn't sleep my Dog!. P**s Stained Mattress? Seen it!, Poo in shower? seen that too!.

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
image.jpeg
There's loads of parking for motorhomes right on the seafront, including overnight, although expensive.
Where abouts on the sea front?
Was in Weymouth recently and found some dedicated MH spaces in the Pavillion car park, but the sign specifically said No overnight Sleeping (see above sign).
Am I missing something here?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
2bob
Jul 8, 2008
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
6 yr
what the op is saying is this //This was after i pointed it out to them that a PCN notice could not be issued for sleeping overnight in a vehicle as it was not illegal to sleep in a vehicle in the UK, and further more using PCN Code 68 (i think it was) Using a parking bay for other than it was designated doesn't stand as i was in a motorhome bay using my motorhome for the purpose it was built, live sleep eat etc. if they didnt want

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back