Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 26, 2012
lancs
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
since 2006
Hi, do any of you technocrats out there know how to get this app to work offline, I have downloaded data, and map, and paid my £8.20 but no success, I have e-mailed them but probably Brexit has taken over, the help section on the site was not helpful to this 79 year old user, any assistance will be appreciated.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I have the app but don’t use it much as a lot of the coordinates aren’t very accurate and it’s not that good. Camperstop and search for sites are better IMHO(y)(y)(y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi, do any of you technocrats out there know how to get this app to work offline, I have downloaded data, and map, and paid my £8.20 but no success, I have e-mailed them but probably Brexit has taken over, the help section on the site was not helpful to this 79 year old user, any assistance will be appreciated.
you dont really need the paid version , you dont need much data to get it to work anywhere.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I like Park4night when abroad, its got the most sites listed. You just d/l the data for the area you are in, depending on your internet speed it can take a while.

Have you also d/l the basemap?

Last edited:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
you dont really need the paid version , you dont need much data to get it to work anywhere.
Yes but sods law, if you cant get internet you cant get the map, for the little it costs its worth the money.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I have the app but don’t use it much as a lot of the coordinates aren’t very accurate and it’s not that good. Camperstop and search for sites are better IMHO(y)(y)(y)
I have to say I've never had a single problem with coordinates not being correct and I use park4night nearly every single day

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015

What does brexit have to do with it?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Don't see the point of using it offline as you will have to download the maps and use up loads of memory. Sods law when you need it you haven't downloaded that map.

Let's face how often are you without a data signal these days and if you are, you are in a vehicle so only have to drive down the road to find a signal.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't see the point of using it offline as you will have to download the maps and use up loads of memory.
Let's face how often are you without a data signal these days and if you are, you are in a vehicle so only have to drive down the road to find a signal.
pretty much my thoughts on it , as i said in my last post , it just works, dont think i have been more than half a dozen places in 5 years where it didnt work, and as to coordinates you dont need them either if you have some sort of satnav app on your phone it automaticly setts it up to the gate, nothing to work out.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
IMV. It`s only great if:- 1) you have a signal when you need it. 2) have got a fair bit of MiFi Gb`s, as downloading maps on the go is not the fastest operation in the world and very data hungry. I would have thought that putting the information as POI`s into a good Sat Nav would have been quicker?/ more cost effective?.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
IMV. It`s only great if:- 1) you have a signal when you need it. 2) have got a fair bit of MiFi Gb`s, as downloading maps on the go is not the fastest operation in the world and very data hungry. I would have thought that putting the information as POI`s into a good Sat Nav would have been quicker?/ more cost effective?.
dont know what this downloading maps is all about, you dont download nothing , you just kick it up and its all there in seconds(n)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
you just get to somewhere, kick it up and it shows you every stop that is around you, click on one and it asks if you want to navigate, click on that and your satnav app, personly we use here maps , kicks in and shows you the route, seconds(y)

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
We were away for 5 weeks from 28 Dec and used it every night in France and Spain.
We didn’t download anything beforehand.
It got to mid afternoon, we started thinking where we might like to spend the night so we looked on the app to see if there were any spots on our route that we fancied. Sometimes we would divert slightly if we found somewhere that sounded particularly interesting.
Simples.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We were away for 5 weeks from 28 Dec and used it every night in France and Spain.
We didn’t download anything beforehand.
It got to mid afternoon, we started thinking where we might like to spend the night so we looked on the app to see if there were any spots on our route that we fancied. Sometimes we would divert slightly if we found somewhere that sounded particularly interesting.
Simples.
this is my take on it also, dont understand where the complications come in , and it takes hardly any data at all.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
To be fair to the OP, its new technology and they might be struggling with the best way to use it.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I just look in the area I want to go to pick my spot and type the coordinates in to my satnav

Couldn't be easier to be honest.

I use the same username on park4night as I do here so if you see a comment from me then I've been there :)

Nov 9, 2012
Paignton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1995
I have the APP and had a similar problem getting it to work so an email to them and it was sorted.
I think it is much better to use than the online version as you can isolate a small area. It has
a lot more Aires than Campercontact and I have not had any problems with the co-ordinates.
I am am renewing PARK4NIGHTS but not renewing Campercontact.

John

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I have the APP and had a similar problem getting it to work so an email to them and it was sorted.
I think it is much better to use than the online version as you can isolate a small area. It has
a lot more Aires than Campercontact and I have not had any problems with the co-ordinates.
I am am renewing PARK4NIGHTS but not renewing Campercontact.

John
I've never paid for it either ...it's a free app

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
wasnt suggesting anything else just trying to help(y):)

sorry if my message came across as 'blaming' anyone, it was more of an acknowledgement of the OP perhaps not understanding the best way to use it. so anyone who can give a step by step guide to the OP I am sure it will help them (and even some others ...)

when I went to school, it was such a long time ago that we didn't even have paper, we used to write on slates

it was murder when it rained because we kept slipping off the roof ....

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
sorry if my message came across as 'blaming' anyone, it was more of an acknowledgement of the OP perhaps not understanding the best way to use it. so anyone who can give a step by step guide to the OP I am sure it will help them (and even some others ...)

when I went to school, it was such a long time ago that we didn't even have paper, we used to write on slates

it was murder when it rained because we kept slipping off the roof ....
the basic park4night uses the phone data but very little, once you have got the app, you just open it and there will be a map of around you with all the stops on it , you just click on one you like the looks of and it will come up with the basic info, click on this and you will get a full description of it and other things to click on, if you click on the one that says localization it will ask you what you want to direct you , if you have a satnav installed on your phone you can choose this and it will put it all in for you. but if you use a seperate satnav you can put it in manually.
but the paid for version does nothing more and trying to work it offline is not really a good idea.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The APP is free but you pay to use it offline.

John
but the map downloads would soon fill your phone up, and if you are offline how does it know where you are, just dont see any advantage at all

Nov 9, 2012
Paignton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1995
]but the map downloads would soon fill your phone up, and if you are offline how does it know where you are, just dont see any advantage at all[

I have an iPad Pro and use the App offline to find aires get coordinates, read reviews if they are in English as it does not translate offline but you can see what individual scores are. I think it is worth the money. I do not need the Aires books or any other App.
I also do not have a smart phone and have no access to WIFI offline so when I am in the middle of nowhere the Aires are all on the iPad.

John

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
]but the map downloads would soon fill your phone up, and if you are offline how does it know where you are, just dont see any advantage at all[

I have an iPad Pro and use the App offline to find aires get coordinates, read reviews if they are in English as it does not translate offline but you can see what individual scores are. I think it is worth the money. I do not need the Aires books or any other App.

John
sorry what are individual scores? and how are they worth the money? serious question not taking the p

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back