P&O Season Tickets (1 Viewer)

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Hello
Has anyone recently managed to book a new P&O season ticket . I buy a ticket each year and I used my last ticket when we returned from France in March in the rush to come home due to Covid. I now want to book a 6 trip season ticket from September. I normally book my annual ticket via the P&O customer contact centre by telephone, in fact as far as I am aware its the only way to do it but the customer support lines are not taking calls. I've emailed P&O with an enquiry and not had a response. I'm aware that there are constraints on P&O's business but I always find P&O's customer support to be superb, much better than the general "don't care" call centre experience that you get with other companies. I really hope P&O see this through

Best regards

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Before I switched to the tunnel I used P&O season tickets. Didn't they stop them being used by motorhomes?

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
It's a long time since I dealt with them but I think 01304 863308 is still one of the numbers for their PR dept. If you're apologetic and polite they MAY put you through to the call centre, or at the least tell you whay's happening

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I never knew they did it ... I'll stick with the tunnel though.

OP
OP
A
Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
They certainly allow motorhomes on a season ticket, you buy a car ticket and pay the uplifted price

OP
OP
A
Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
And I managed to get through via the power
of online chat , 5 mins later I had a call back from one of their friendly and always friendly staff. As usual excellent service

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
Reviving an old thread…

Anyone on here using P&O Season Tickets for a motorhome? If so, do you get a good choice of crossing times or are they restricted? I know there are a few peak days where there’s a supplement and would avoid those.

Seems reasonable value in this day and age for an 8 metre motorhome, about £226 return on the Dover Calais route.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I can remember buying season tickets for the bike, crossing on hull-Zeebrugge route (god I miss that boat) they was £98 return and you had to buy 5 tickets but you could share them with your mates, they got wise to that and stopped you sharing them and then subsequently stopped doing them🤷‍♂️🤔🤔

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
I can remember buying season tickets for the bike, crossing on hull-Zeebrugge route (god I miss that boat) they was £98 return and you had to buy 5 tickets but you could share them with your mates, they got wise to that and stopped you sharing them and then subsequently stopped doing them🤷‍♂️🤔🤔
With P&O you have to buy at least 3 return journeys, valid for 12 months. From what I can make out, they can’t be shared with anyone. It all seems flexible and reasonably priced in the current climate.

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
The price for a package of 3 return trips seems to have been reduced. Motorhome now showing as £172 return. Seems a bargain in this day and age.

Anyone bought and used a P&O season ticket package recently? Interested to know if the crossings are easy enough to amend.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I,m seeing £138 return based on three returns, total £414. Dover to Calais using motorhome.
Seems good, not looked into the details.

That's what I'm getting too but unfortunately I can't check out what the costs of the supplements mentioned are so it may not be a 'bargain' if they add a lot to the price:

1. Supplements vary per route and apply:
    1. to vehicles over 6m in length
    2. to vehicles over 2.4m in height
    3. to towed trailers/caravans
    4. for additional passengers, add-ons, and cabins
    5. on peak dates throughout the year – available online

BriannYe

LIFE MEMBER
May 4, 2017
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
You can now book season tickets online. We bought 3 crossings for a 7.4 metre van costing £192 each return crossing. (Bought last November, so prices may have changed) They are also easy to amend your booked crossing online. Just a few crossings will carry a supplement mainly peak weekend crossings during holiday season.
Edit just checked this year's prices are cheaper. £172 per round trip buying 3 crossings.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
I,m seeing £138 return based on three returns, total £414. Dover to Calais using motorhome.
Seems good, not looked into the details.
The price doesn’t immediately change when the class of vehicle is changed, but if you tick the ‘Trailer“ box and then untick it, the price updates to £172 per crossing for a motorhome. Even when it quotes £138 per return, if you move to the next step as if to buy the tickets, the price will update to £172.

Because of the vague terms and conditions regarding random price updates, the fact they’re cheaper than they used to be, and the vague Terms and Conditions, I emailed P&O, as below:

My Email:
I’m looking to buy a season ticket package for a motorhome on the Dover/Calais route. When I looked a few weeks ago, it was necessary to enter the vehicle dimensions, and the price varied according to size. Today, there is no option to enter vehicle size, and for a package of 3 return journeys, the website quotes a price of £516 (£172 each trip).

The Terms and Conditions say that supplements apply for vehicles over 6 metres in length and over 2.4 metres high.

My motorhome is 8.1 metres long and 3.2 metres high. Would you advise me as to what supplements apply please, and how I pay them. Are they paid at the time of booking each individual ticket? A few weeks ago, with these dimensions entered, the price was about £227 per return trip.

Also, are there limited spaces available to season ticket holders, or can any crossing be booked?

Their reply:
Thank you for your email

There is no supplement for the size of your motorhome when purchasing a batch of season tickets, the only supplement would be for peak day travel. To book the batch you need to set up a account with us first. There are no limits specifically for season ticket holders only availability of space or passenger numbers on the ship. The £172 per trip cost is correct for off peak travel.

Seems like a good deal in the current climate.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thanks. Can you share the crossings?

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
Thanks. Can you share the crossings?
Unfortunately not. Also, it’s not worth buying more than 3 returns at once, which are valid for 12 months. If you buy 5, you only save £4 per return, so hardly worth it. Better to not take the risk of wasted tickets and just buy another three returns if you need them.

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
You can now book season tickets online. We bought 3 crossings for a 7.4 metre van costing £192 each return crossing. (Bought last November, so prices may have changed) They are also easy to amend your booked crossing online. Just a few crossings will carry a supplement mainly peak weekend crossings during holiday season.
Edit just checked this year's prices are cheaper. £172 per round trip buying 3 crossings.
Thanks for the info. After having travelled on the outward journey, do you know if you’re able to amend the return trip?

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
that looks like a very good deal. Unfortunately have booked this years trips but will certainly be considering for next years holidays. (y) (y)

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Thanks for the info. After having travelled on the outward journey, do you know if you’re able to amend the return trip?
A few years since I used P&O season ticket, but then there was no need to book. I had an A4 page with a list of booking references, and you just rolled up to check-in and quoted the next number, and went on the net available. That was with a VW T5, but when took the MH it was th same procedure

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
Having just this morning bought a set of three return crossings for Dover/Calais, I tried to use one of the tickets, and during the process, had to input my motorhome size. It’s 8.1 metres and this added a supplement of £55 for the return crossing, taking the total to £227. It seems the price quoted is a for a motorhome up to 7 metres long, but that’s not what my reply from P&O said (see post #14).

£227 return for each trip is what I was quoted some months ago. At that time, the motorhome size had to be entered at the time of buying the tickets but that has changed, there’s nowhere to enter motorhome size until you actually book the journeys.

Disappointed that P&O Customer Services response to my earlier emails is inconsistent with my experience when booking a crossing, I’ve emailed them to seek clarification.

It’s still a good deal at £227, considering the crossings can be amended without charge. However, I bought the season tickets based upon their response to my enquiry.

I’ll provide an update when I get an answer.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
G7UXG that's exactly why I was asking earlier, with Eurotunnel FT tickets for example you bought a base price set of crossings for a car and then if necessary paid a supplement for the type of vehicle you were using when you booked, but that was always clearly detailed so you knew from the off what the actual extra cost would be.

What I didn't believe was that the cost for the season tickets was a standard price for whatever motorhome you had as it just didn't ring true based on the height and length limits they mentioned over which a supplement would be payable. Only having to pay supplements due to peak times wouldn't make any difference to size surely.

Hopefully due to the email you received they might honour your original expected cost but somehow I doubt it.

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
G7UXG that's exactly why I was asking earlier, with Eurotunnel FT tickets for example you bought a base price set of crossings for a car and then if necessary paid a supplement for the type of vehicle you were using when you booked, but that was always clearly detailed so you knew from the off what the actual extra cost would be.

What I didn't believe was that the cost for the season tickets was a standard price for whatever motorhome you had as it just didn't ring true based on the height and length limits they mentioned over which a supplement would be payable. Only having to pay supplements due to peak times wouldn't make any difference to size surely.

Hopefully due to the email you received they might honour your original expected cost but somehow I doubt it.
I nearly bought them at £227 back in November last year. I’m happy with the price at £227 because of the flexibility. Flexible tickets on P&O and other ferries or Eurotunnel are way more expensive.

I thought the tickets were too cheap and half expected a supplement, which is why I queried the price. I’m just disappointed P&O customer services can’t get their facts right. I’ll try to get something out of them for their mis-information.

I’ve used Eurotunnel for the last decade, mostly on Frequent Traveller, but they’re just too expensive now and, for me, there’s too much price difference to justify it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back