6000karl

Free Member
Jul 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FML
Exp
Since 1985
I have a circa 2004 Oyster CI system which "lost the plot" when it came to self seeking. I seem to have got round that with manual sat finding. Next problem is how to connect the 2 cable Sky box.
I have been told that the Sky box can be reset to work on 1 cable? The other suggestion made was to run a second cable to the Oyster dish with a wideband multi lnb using a pass through splitter and use the Oyster system to find the sat then switch the splitter to watch through Sky. Any advice appreciated as also told that the oyster and Sky supply different voltages to lnb. Any back feed of voltage could cause disaster. Also can anyone tell me the transponder setting for Sky, in case I cant find it through Oyster?

poacher

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2008
Funster No
Speak to Anthony @ Oyster Sat-Tech, Welford - sometimes on here but often quicker to phone @ work

that is if Sat PC guy doesn't get here first :giggle::giggle:

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
"I have been told that the Sky box can be reset to work on 1 cable? " - depends which Sky box you are referring to
on a Sky+HD box...Single Feed Mode...services 0 0 1 select...the option at the bottom of the screen. A Sky+ box does not have this option.

For a SkyQ box, you can only do this with a special wideband LNB called a GLOBAL Universal dCSS LNB, and put the box into dCSS mode. But they only have one output.

"as also told that the oyster and Sky supply different voltages to lnb. Any back feed of voltage could cause disaster. " - true

Or perhaps a "SkyQ hybrid" lnb... 2 ports for SkyQ (wideband), and 2 or 4 "normal" ports to feed "normal" systems?

"Also can anyone tell me the transponder setting for Sky " - Sky (or UK TV ) uses about 100 different transponders, which to use depends what channel you want to watch. Here is a list of active frequencies - https://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Sky-UK.html

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back