Banned
Jun 1, 2016
Germany
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 585 Sport
Exp
Since 2000
We will be passing Lorca mid-January in 6m Eura Mobil and would like to stay one night.
I saw a thread about Lorca from last winter, but it didn't mention the car park at Eroski supermarket.
Both Park4night and Campercontact claim that it is possible to stay overnight for €6.

Has anybody any experience of this place?
Anything to be aware of when entering the car park (barriers)?
If someone says that it is unsafe or unbearably loud, then we will just forget about it.
Thanks.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
We will be passing Lorca mid-January in 6m Eura Mobil and would like to stay one night.
I saw a thread about Lorca from last winter, but it didn't mention the car park at Eroski supermarket.
Both Park4night and Campercontact claim that it is possible to stay overnight for €6.

Has anybody any experience of this place?
Anything to be aware of when entering the car park (barriers)?
If someone says that it is unsafe or unbearably loud, then we will just forget about it.
Thanks.
Tam @Northernraider used it last year in an 8,5, Frankia:D2Well he entered & left but can't remember if he actually stayed ?There is a pedestrian foot bridge into the centre that you go under which I believe has a 3,3m height restriction?
Are there barriers , I think so. I use that area to park when shopping & go in thorugh barriers to get a ticket. Apart from that I can't remember. I always come out the way I went in as the other end, shown in the park4night photo , has a barrier & 90º straight left turn that I'd struggle with. It might not be the way out although the signs show it. No idea how quiet it is but would assume it wouldn't be that noisy after midnight .Safe , it doesn't worry me parking in there.

OP
OP
Devra

Devra

Banned
Jun 1, 2016
Germany
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 585 Sport
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks @gus-lopez.
If we do decide to visit, we might try and get there late on a Saturday afternoon, and then it will be quiet on the Sunday.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Tam @Northernraider used it last year in an 8,5, Frankia:D2Well he entered & left but can't remember if he actually stayed ?There is a pedestrian foot bridge into the centre that you go under which I believe has a 3,3m height restriction?
Are there barriers , I think so. I use that area to park when shopping & go in thorugh barriers to get a ticket. Apart from that I can't remember. I always come out the way I went in as the other end, shown in the park4night photo , has a barrier & 90º straight left turn that I'd struggle with. It might not be the way out although the signs show it. No idea how quiet it is but would assume it wouldn't be that noisy after midnight .Safe , it doesn't worry me parking in there.

Just for the record @gus-lopez is this the best known location in Lorca for the odd overnight?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
To my knowledge it is the only official one.
Personally I'd use the Parque Almenara /Carrefour on way to Águilas car park or around the back where it is laid out for the non existent housing :)or the rear delivery roads to the shops that aren't there.:D

OP
OP
Devra

Devra

Banned
Jun 1, 2016
Germany
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 585 Sport
Exp
Since 2000
Actually, on further consideration, we might make an early start so that we get there quite early and then park at the Taller Del Tiempo in order to visit the castle.
Then we can move on to Huércal-Overa for the night.
Looking at their website, it seems that it possible to go into the office at the Taller Del Tiempo and get an extension to the maximum 2 hour parking ticket (possibly free if visiting the castle ?).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back