Overnight at Harwich (1 Viewer)

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
I asked same question last week and was told we can park at the port in the check in lanes, hope its right

Eric

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I know this thread is quite old, but there is a large morrisions supermarket right next to the port and also a harvester type pub over the road opposite morrisions. there is a pretty decent pub/campsite aswell about 5 miles away called The Strangers Home

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Slightly off topic but when we use Harwich for the trip to the Faroes in the car despite packing everything we're likely to need for the journey we still go into Morrisons and spend more on "stuff", apart from more food we bought an X hose last year off their sales bin.

Edit:
Oh and welcome to Fun by the way.

And another thing, as said we use Harwich with the car as it gives us a good sleep before a lengthy journey to Hirtshals over the next couple of days but in the van next month for Norway no need for a sleep and a hotel with the van so we're planning the tunnel so we don't have to leave the dog all night. Any particular reason you're travelling Harwich to Hook?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
I am coming back into Harwich when I return to Uk after my summer trip and have booked Brookcroft CL. Havent stayed there before but they are apparently 5 mins from the port and charge £15 inc hook up. You do need to be a member of the Caravan and motorhome club.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We stayed overnight near the check in lanes at Harwich port in September last year.

We were parked on the yellow crosshatch area near the entrance end. I wandered down to check with the friendly security staff and was told no problem.

Paul

Just found a photo....

Harwich.jpg

Attachments

• Harwich.jpg
    Harwich.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Old thread I know, but can you still park up overnight in the check in lanes? Anyone done it recently?

are you not in the way for those using the night crossing?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
The night crossing starts boarding any time after 8pm but even if later you can still see the queues and park well away from them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back