Oven and grill accessories rattle (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Looking for a bit of help on this one. I remove the grill pan and insert, plus the oven shelves before travelling as they jump around and rattle in transit. At the moment I wrap them in bubble wrap and store in a cupboard, not particularly neat and just wondering if anyone uses padded sleeves and if so which ones and where did you get them from?

andynkim

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 85
Exp
Since 2007
another vote for tea towels.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Silicon strips designed to attach to leading edge of shelves and stop you burning your hands as you reach inside.
Cut these to short bits and wedge into shelve runners.
Also pulling shelves out and putting back in at a slight angle can work too.

Screenshot_20191226-115758.png

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Now how to stop the heater front rattling

Our Swift had that. Basically it was not screwed to the wall properly, the service guy at Spinney showed me two fixing holes with no screws just under the top. You have to lie on the floor to see them. He even gave me two self tappers. Sorted.

Plus tea-towels - can't have enough tea-towels, especially under hop glass top.

msocsci

Free Member
Dec 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer conver
Exp
1 year full time
I turn the music up, works for me. Mind you I had to make the choice between naming her auld squeaky or auld rattley, I opted for auld squeaky as theres more squeaks than rattles ?

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Wife just wraps the oven pans in T towel and leaves them In the oven, no rattles. (y)

OP
OP

Deleted User
Thanks everyone, looks like most of you just use tea towels where I use bubble wrap, tea towels much more useful so a quick swap until I can find the equivalent of a bad made out of tea towel type material. Will investigate the oven shelf guard, however, not sure it will help with the baking tray and grill pan

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I find tea towels plus part baked bread rolls work well although in our last van I succeeded in baking one pack and didn’t notice until we were unloading everything for the van exchange! I think they must have gone through a few cycles and came out as one very hard lump, in some ways I think I was lucky not to have noticed earlier as the mess might have been more difficult to remove whereas it was quite neat on the Lakeland oven liner.

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
Same as most, tea towels or toilet rolls ?

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Neoprene laptop sleeve for grill pan.
Shelves don't rattle ?‍♂
Also have the similar (Aldi in Oz) shelf guards as Jev88 but for anti burning not anti rattle.

Graham of Madrid

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Mc Louis Glamys 40
Exp
Since 2019
For pots, pans and lids we use bubble wrap. For frying pans and lids I've cut it to size and selloptaped the edges so they are like covers. We have a rattling bathroom door which needs some of those plastic things used in cupboard doors to take up the slack between the door and the frame.

I'm in the drivers seat so I don't get to hear as much. I would like to sit in the back and check where noises are coming from but SWMBO won't drive.

OP
OP

Deleted User
For pots, pans and lids we use bubble wrap. For frying pans and lids I've cut it to size and selloptaped the edges so they are like covers. We have a rattling bathroom door which needs some of those plastic things used in cupboard doors to take up the slack between the door and the frame.

I'm in the drivers seat so I don't get to hear as much. I would like to sit in the back and check where noises are coming from but SWMBO won't drive.
Excellent, that's what I'll do, make the sleeves, obvious really, thanks for the prompt

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I prefer using large silicon mats as sold for baking. Less chance of a sticky melted plastic mess If oven or grill accidentally turned on whilst still inside.
They are flameproof and ovenproof and anti slip. I put a piece under the grill pan and another in the grill pan with the rack sitting on it. No movement or rattling.
They are easily wiped clean and useful for protecting nearby surfaces whilst cooking. These from IKEA or just search amazon.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Neoprene laptop sleeves from the pound shop or ebay. Look good, can be used for other rattly things as well and less faffing than bubble wrap or teat owls. Dont know why everyone doesnt use them?

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Same as Langtoftlad. You can get the laptop/tablet sleeves from Poundland or if not, Ebay.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Be careful if using bubble wrap.
It’s very easy to forget it’s in there when you turn the oven or grill on and you end up with a stinking mess that’s a bugger to clean up.

You will probably have guessed how I know. :xeek:

Richard.
PS. It wasn’t me that turned the oven on. :xrofl:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Are we doing something wrong, we have never wrapped or packed anything in any of our motorhomes , nothing has ever rattled, but we have friends and relatives who wrap this and that before travelling.
We just put kettle and water filter in the sink so they don’t fall and that’s it.

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Got a few big yellow sponges from pound shop which we wedge between shelf and at the front of cups or food in cupboard where gaps.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
We have those flexible rubber type baking "tins" they just fit between the shelves an are enough to to stop the rattles. Upside is they have to be removed to use the oven so no chance of destroying anything.

Razamataz

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2018
Dunfermline, Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7400plus
Exp
Since March 2018
Looking for a bit of help on this one. I remove the grill pan and insert, plus the oven shelves before travelling as they jump around and rattle in transit. At the moment I wrap them in bubble wrap and store in a cupboard, not particularly neat and just wondering if anyone uses padded sleeves and if so which ones and where did you get them from?

We just put ACSI,Spannish Aires,Maps ,Ipad and binoculars.......anything to stop rattling....just use as a FREE cupboard.:xThumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back