Outside Lights (1 Viewer)

ReneeSkylark

Free Member
Aug 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Having a 😡! Why do campers on a lovely warm September evening, lock themselves away in their vans, close all the blinds, shut their windows and doors, yet persist in leaving bright outside lights on, preventing me from seeing what potentially could be a lovely night sky.. grrrrr! rant over! 😂

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
I presume you've had a friendly word asking if they would mind turning the lights off?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
Sorry to hi Jack,,but I’m very p**(ed off with people walking over my pitch while me and the better half are having a tipple,,is it me or am I just getting older than I though I was?

OP
OP
ReneeSkylark

ReneeSkylark

Free Member
Aug 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Sorry to hi Jack,,but I’m very p**(ed off with people walking over my pitch while me and the better half are having a tipple,,is it me or am I just getting older than I though I was?
agree, pees me off too 😂 hey ho, the fun of camping. Still don't understand why you visit the great outdoors and lock yourself away mind! might as well stay at home! Well that's my take.. 😆

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Get used to it. No one give a shi# about anyone else these days. Same in my village where people have 34000w led outside lights on all night, park where ever they fancy, and own as many cars as they wish.

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
Aye, it’s not the first time it’s happened, as I’ve said before,, still amazes me

OP
OP
ReneeSkylark

ReneeSkylark

Free Member
Aug 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
I presume you've had a friendly word asking if they would mind turning the lights off?
just asking motorhomes why they might lock theirselves away on a warm September evening really.. outside light is incidental to the question. 😆

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I have to admit, I’ve walked over a few pitches in my time, seen the curtains twitching and then the finger wagging.

We’ve just had a discussion and Caz laughed so much when I said I thought I was upper class, cheeky sod.
“Upper creek without a paddle” she said.

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
I wouldn’t do it,,just out of respect,,

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
just asking motorhomes why they might lock theirselves away on a warm September evening really.. outside light is incidental to the question. 😆
Then why go on about, 'potentially lovely night sky'.

They are camps, they always were camps. Unfortunately if you choose to use those camps you can't pick your neighbours.

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
Maybe the neighbours are having a stinky BBQ :unsure: here we go it's turning into a general rant thread :clap:
Seriously, whats warm to you may be cold to others. I feel chilly on anything but the hottest of days :cold: drives me crazy.
Karen

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
Lights spoiling a night view and people walking across ones pitch is annoying but not as annoying as someone dropping anchor in your swing zone. Someone has to move it's a YBW long running thread! Only happened to me once and fortunately he responded to my VHF and moved amicably. There are those who don't understand or don't give a toss and then you have to move and that'd bl**dy annoying. A next day early morning high speed close too departure is the popular reply apparently!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back