out door shower (1 Viewer)

Ray's Scout

Free Member
Jan 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Scout
Hi I have a Auto trail Scout on a 06 plate, I have never used the outside shower so I decided to try it out, Do I have the pump set to both? there seems to be not much power in the water flow. if I wanted to spray my bike or muddy boot it would be no use, can anybody help?
Many thanks Ray K.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
The water pressure of an external shower will be no better than the internal one
A brush and bucket may be better for cleaning a muddy bike, followed by a rinse off with your external shower

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Do I have the pump set to both?
Can’t understand the question to be honest.

The pump will need to be on, and on mine it is on, or, off. I don’t know the “both” setting.

It should be as good, or bad, as the shower inside the van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

Ray's Scout

Free Member
Jan 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Scout
The water pressure of an external shower will be no better than the internal one
A brush and bucket may be better for cleaning a muddy bike, followed by a rinse off with your external shower
Thanks but my internal shower is brilliant. I have seen other out door showers and they don’t just dribble you can actually get a proper shower. If this is all it does I may well just get one of those solar bag showers. I was well impressed by my neighbour on a campsite using one of those and so hot to.

Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
I've just bought a 12v shower off fleabay..15 quid delivered.

Put the pump in a bucket or container of water .
Plug in the cigarette 12v plug .

Has a waterproof switch and flow adjustment...and is quite powerful..
Easily blast a seagull off your roof..

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Thanks but my internal shower is brilliant. I have seen other out door showers and they don’t just dribble you can actually get a proper shower. If this is all it does I may well just get one of those solar bag showers. I was well impressed by my neighbour on a campsite using one of those and so hot to.
It sounds like you have a crushed or kinked pipe somewhere. Otherwise there ma be an online valve not fully open.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I’d be tempted to swap the hose and head between the two showers to test what happens

OP
OP
R

Ray's Scout

Free Member
Jan 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Scout
I've just bought a 12v shower off fleabay..15 quid delivered.

Put the pump in a bucket or container of water .
Plug in the cigarette 12v plug .

Has a waterproof switch and flow adjustment...and is quite powerful..
Easily blast a seagull off your roof..
Is Fleebay a sarcastic way of saying eBay or is it a actual site?

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
I too tried my outdoor shower for the first time (I have had my 10 yr old moho for 5 years) whilst at Alnwick and found the flow abysmal. I took the head apart and found the spring had rusted away and blocked most of the jets. Have now replaced the whole unit as I must have disturbed the ball valve and it would not stop leaking. New unit and shower is now useable for rinsing off feet from sandy beach etc. :Grin: :Grin:
Not too sure about stripping off for a shower outside even though it pumps hot and cold but think the neighbours may have something to say.;)

OP
OP
R

Ray's Scout

Free Member
Jan 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Scout
I have bought a new everything now waiting for it to be delivered. Watch this space. If it doesn’t work I will buy a solar bag.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back