Our Daihatsu Hijet toad is dying, what about a Corsa?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Ivys, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Ivys

Ivys

Ratings:
    +7
    Hi folks

Our Daihatsu Hijet needs too much attention to get it through MOT and I was wondering about towing a Corsa. I see several people do tow them. I don't want to spend too much money at this stage - just want a reliable runabout that has PAS and can be towed easily. I have a Towtal frame (which is rusting horribly).

I like the idea of a Corsa because they are so simple and robust and spares are locally available (unlike a Hijet import). They can also seat five at a squeeze. Can anyone comment please?

Also, does anyone know the weights of the different Corsa models and for that matter most of the small vehicles.

thanks
    Rog

2. Ivys

Ivys

Ratings:
    +7
    Does anyone have experience towing a Suzuki Jimny?

Rog

3. Dreamchaserrv

Dreamchaserrv

Ratings:
    +16
    Have towed Corsa,s on A frame for 5 years. Now on second one, left first one in gear,car didn't like traveling in first at 50. :ROFLMAO:Good tow vehicle make sure you have power steering.
    Biggest problem with Corsa is the turning circle is crap. :thumb:

4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +26,632
    i tow a '97 corsa 1.4. 860kg unladen....1140kg max weight

tows like a dream but no power steering.....doesnt seem to make a lot of difference as the wheels bearly turn on corners anyway, unless you turn left into sideroads, and no noticable tyre wear.

never seen a jimny being towed but as long as its not in 4wd it shouldnt be a problem.

i had a suzuki sj410 , same chassis and running gear i beleive, for purely off roading which i towed unbraked:Blush:. just make sure the manual front hub locks were off and away it goes.