Our Daihatsu Hijet toad is dying, what about a Corsa? (1 Viewer)

Sep 29, 2007
Wantage, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Motorhoming since 2006, 30 years tent camping in Africa
Hi folks

Our Daihatsu Hijet needs too much attention to get it through MOT and I was wondering about towing a Corsa. I see several people do tow them. I don't want to spend too much money at this stage - just want a reliable runabout that has PAS and can be towed easily. I have a Towtal frame (which is rusting horribly).

I like the idea of a Corsa because they are so simple and robust and spares are locally available (unlike a Hijet import). They can also seat five at a squeeze. Can anyone comment please?

Also, does anyone know the weights of the different Corsa models and for that matter most of the small vehicles.

thanks
Rog

OP
OP
RogerIvy
Sep 29, 2007
Wantage, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Motorhoming since 2006, 30 years tent camping in Africa
Does anyone have experience towing a Suzuki Jimny?

Rog

Dreamchaserrv

Free Member
Jan 31, 2008
Wherever we park
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 Years
Have towed Corsa,s on A frame for 5 years. Now on second one, left first one in gear,car didn't like traveling in first at 50. :ROFLMAO:Good tow vehicle make sure you have power steering.
Biggest problem with Corsa is the turning circle is crap. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i tow a '97 corsa 1.4. 860kg unladen....1140kg max weight

tows like a dream but no power steering.....doesnt seem to make a lot of difference as the wheels bearly turn on corners anyway, unless you turn left into sideroads, and no noticable tyre wear.

never seen a jimny being towed but as long as its not in 4wd it shouldnt be a problem.

i had a suzuki sj410 , same chassis and running gear i beleive, for purely off roading which i towed unbraked:Blush:. just make sure the manual front hub locks were off and away it goes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back