OS Online Mapping (1 Viewer)

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
A years subscription for OS online mapping is proving to be one of the most useful presents I could have had.
It is possible to print out walking maps of every place you're staying, or a larger scale for cycling. It has the advantage of being able to centre it where you are pitched if required.
You can also view where you are on a phone and plot or record your route if you want.
It saves having to carry lots of maps if moving on as long as you know where you're going.

Sep 22, 2013
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Relay self-build
Exp
Trainee MH owner
Agreed, although I rarely bother printing preferring to just use phone or iPad.

Note that members of the C & CC can purchase the annual subscription at a discount.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I Love OS maps I have a 1:25,000 map of the whole UK on my phone and iPad. It cost me £1.99 years ago, I think its £7.99 now. But for free you can download details of any area you like at 1.10,000

It shows your location which is great for exploring and having the big picture when navigating. This Map App is maintained by one guy, who gives fantastic support and is always developing it further. It is one of the main reasons I would not get an Android phone as I would not want to be without this. Driving, cycling, touring, walking, exploring, it really is the best app on my phone. https://ukmapapp.com/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Jim - can you recommend anything similar for android phones, just looking for different options to try, thanks

Deleted User
I Love OS maps I have a 1:25,000 map of the whole UK on my phone and iPad. It cost me £1.99 years ago, I think its £7.99 now. But for free you can download details of any area you like at 1.10,000

It shows your location which is great for exploring and having the big picture when navigating. This Map App is maintained by one guy, who gives fantastic support and is always developing it further. It is one of the main reasons I would not get an Android phone as I would not want to be without this. Driving, cycling, touring, walking, exploring, it really is the best app on my phone. https://ukmapapp.com/
Brilliant! Thanks very much for link

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
OP
OP
Jasz
Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
Agreed, although I rarely bother printing preferring to just use phone or iPad.

Note that members of the C & CC can purchase the annual subscription at a discount.
We stayed at Rosedale Abbey in June, no signal on any network in the valley so I was glad that I had printed out the area (there is WiFi in the pub over the road though)

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Jim - can you recommend anything similar for android phones, just looking for different options to try, thanks
AlpineQuest for Android - reads old Memory Map Maps offline and OpenStreetMapsHike etc both online and downloadable chunks.

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
Try viewranger app available on iOS and Android.
You can buy credits to download maps for lots of countries at different scales or use the free online maps that can be downloaded in some cases.
The app also offers routes for loads of activities, walking, cycling, Mountain biking etc. Paid or free
It’s now got an auto route planner that’s fully configureable so you can create and upload your own routes and even make available for other people to use for free or for credits to your account.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Jim OS maps out of date, still showing allotment... :D

allotment.png

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
I use Topo GPS on my Android phone, you can buy sections of OS maps as you need them, at 25:000 scale.

It may work out more expensive than paper maps but has lots of other features.

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588

This is my “go to” OS map app. I do a fair bit of road rally navigation and it’s really useful for route plotting or finding out where you are if you’re stuck up some random road in the early hours of the morning ?
I'm a fan of Memory Map and have the GB 1:25000 downloaded in full on my tablet and phone. I also have the Admiralty charts which although a little dated does have the tidal diamond information for any paddlers. I like that you can flip between both using the "maps at cursor " function.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back