Omnistor awning gear assembly replacement (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 24, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Has anyone replaced the gear assembly on an Omnistor awning? Just wondering how straightforward it is. On my Autotrail Tracker the awning is recessed so will I have to remove the awning in order to replace the gear assembly and coupling or can it be fitted easily in situ?
My awning is fully wound in but the casing won’t click and lock. I presume the awning is still secure in its housing?

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Does the gearbox still work ?
Have you tried winding the awning completely all the way out, then winding it back in ? I've had to do that a couple of times when my Fiamma hasn't clicked in.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D
Mar 24, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Does the gearbox still work ?
Have you tried winding the awning completely all the way out, then winding it back in ? I've had to do that a couple of times when my Fiamma hasn't clicked in.
There’s a lot of clicking sounds as I wind the awning back in. Once it’s fully in the cover won’t click and shut fully. Just a clicking noise from the gear assembly as if something is not engaging to close it shut.

Upvote 0
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Ah, got you. Sounds like something's coming away inside, shame about having it "inbuilt" With the Fiamma one, you can just slip the end cover off to check things.
Looks like Rose Awnings might be your best shout ?
Screenshot_2024-05-26-19-12-10.png

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back