I have just realised that I have had yet another senior moment. I bought a 300W inverter and it came with two sets of leads. One for use in the cigar lighter socket and one to be connected directly to the battery. I found that it was incapable of charging my laptop and was on the point of dumping it when I realised that I was using the cigar lighter socket and the fuse and wire were incapable of carrying 300 W. I rewired it directly to the battery and now it works OK. How can I have been so stupid when there is a wealth of good advice that i have read on this forum? Another senior moment occurred when I broke off the breather tube to my battery. I looked around and found that the connectors used in car windscreen washers fitted OK. Everything seemed OK. When I rewired the inverter I found a small mess of blue gunk on the side of the battery and was at first stumped for the reason. Then it occurred to me - the blue elbows pinched from the windscreen washer circuit was not able to withstand the acidic nature of the fumes given off from the battery during charge. So I am back to the drawing board and will have to source some new parts when I return from France in mid July. I am at Villard de Lans in the Vercors mountains and the weather is superb. The only downside is the exorbitant prices in the shops and restaurants but we are still having a great time. Just found an Aire in the village not in the UL book we got from Vicarious books. We will look into the matter later.