Not ‘wild’ but near Travelworld (1 Viewer)

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Needed to take new-to-us van back to get several small issues fixed, didn’t fancy early start through M6 and bad weather... tried to book at the Holly Bush in Stafford- a Britstop pub but they were both unhelpful ( had to book well in advance and we hadn't ) and IMO rude... So then rang the Hollybush in Salt - (nearer to Travelworld and it was referenced in a comment on f book) and they were fab, bit of a chat with manager he said yes ? We parked at the top of the car park had a lovely meal in the pub - car park flat hard standing v neat, road to pub a bit narrow but ok...highly recommended

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
Can’t they put you up,overnight?theyve room as I was there last weekend. They have leach too

OP
OP
Kirsten

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
U
Can’t they put you up,overnight?theyve room as I was there last weekend. They have leach too
Oops - didn’t ask Travelworld as assumed they would shut gates before we could get here as OH working yesterday, and meal in pub on arrival was easier than more shopping/ cooking... also we are testing new van heating on gas etc... now eating self into standstill on free Travelworld sandwiches while waiting for van...
Also had practice driving new,unscratched van down accursed single track road on way here from pub... need to grasp nettle ...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
No overnight allowed at new travelworld site.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
They used to have an agreement with old-mo before he moved to the frozen wastelands in the North, far beyond civilisation. I hear the Staffordshire locals drove him out with pitchforks and flaming lanterns because of his jokes

OP
OP
Kirsten

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Yes- no overnighting possible at Travelworld- council said no as houses are near ( ?.. not) the site. Was v difficult to find nearby over night stop. When we picked up the van we stayed at the CCC site on Cannock Chase on way home but felt we didn’t get much value as it was pitch dark when we arrived and left and there was nothing on site and ( catering cock up ) we had very little food in new van ...

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
Cannock Chase?
You could have had 'wild rabbit' stew?
Shame Travelworld have no after work parking facilities. Good for business and good for customers.

OP
OP
Kirsten

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
We are veggie ! Cold have eaten a pine cone - but as it was we had white sliced bread and a fried egg [argh - but thank god for en route petrol station] with a bottle of white which had been in the old van. Not the celebratory meal I had envisaged; but a trial run to Henley on Thames the next week provided much better fare. Now off to review Travelworld and leave a Trip advisor thank you to Hollybush

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Travelworld had an arrangement to allow mh to park overnight at the pub at the top of the road to their showroom.

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
When we picked up our van from Travelworld we arrived well before 8am on a Saturday morning and there were several vans already parked up in their service/MOT parking area for motorhomes and connected to electric hookup and at the time I assumed they had been there overnight.

I expect we will ourselves have to return to Travelworld at some point so thanks for letting us know about parking at the Hollybush.

Mark

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
This is a 'Proper' site in the same village as the one Mo & Judy occupied.
I know they're open right now.
I was quoted £15 a night with Lekky when I spoke to them six weeks ago.

PS. They've got hard standing.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I'm almost sure the Shropshire inn has electric hook up as well.

Paul1958

Free Member
Feb 25, 2018
Tavira, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Carthago

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.