Northumberland & Border Region (1 Viewer)

P

Peelde

Deleted User
Hi, we are due to swan off to the borders and Northumberland in August. Are there any decent campsites that can be recommended or is wild camping going to be a better alternative? As we will be visiting waterfalls and walking, I think the latter would be better. What do you guys think?

J

jaybee

Deleted User
Hi Peelde,
I live in the Scottish Borders and there are loads of places for wildcamping.
You just need to get off the main roads a little. Lots of Forest walks, lots of Forestry Commission car parks really quiet at night. I you have an idea of where you want to visit on the Scottish side of the border, let me know and i can be more precise with wildcamp locations.
Best regards JayBee.

OP
OP
P

Peelde

Deleted User
Thanks Jaybee, will look at maps and let you know.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi Peelde,
I live in the Scottish Borders and there are loads of places for wildcamping.
You just need to get off the main roads a little. Lots of Forest walks, lots of Forestry Commission car parks really quiet at night. I you have an idea of where you want to visit on the Scottish side of the border, let me know and i can be more precise with wildcamp locations.
Best regards JayBee.

It's as well to remember that, officially, the Forestry Commission does not allow wild camping in any forests under its control (this includes tents as well as motorhomes). It may well be that people are not often challenged but it can happen so one would have to be prepared to move on if requested to do so.

Graham

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
It's as well to remember that, officially, the Forestry Commission does not allow wild camping in any forests under its control (this includes tents as well as motorhomes). It may well be that people are not often challenged but it can happen so one would have to be prepared to move on if requested to do so.

Let's not get too pedandtic about these things. This is the wild camping section afterall, not the politically correct section. If you want to stop for a night just do it. I've been parking BIG lorry's in laybyes for years and have only once got a ticket for doing so, this just coincidentdaly happened on the A 66 during the Appleyby fair Gippo season!!!! when I foolishly thought my truck, with it's tax disc on view would give me an hours kip. MMM should have known better!!
Graham

:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

B

BuzzLand

Deleted User

Graham

LOL, the forestry commission pretty much keeps away from wild campers from what my friends tell me. They had some of the autocrats challenge them but they told them to buzz off as no-one owns the land and it's not there's to challenge.
If they had it their way we'd all be tucked up in overpriced digs and never able to experience camping on our terms :)

The Cheviots especially are wild camping mecca for us, plenty of land and miles of wilderness.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back