LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2021
Fordingbridge, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2002
Hi we are heading to southern France/Northern Spain area possibly as far south as Peniscola in January for a four week trip, I appreciate that the North will be colder so ideally somewhere that the sun is shining at least,we normally go further south and for longer so this seems to be as far as we can go within this timescale, can anyone recommend any areas to visit coastal and inland no cities or very large towns as we have dogs and it makes it awkward, we enjoy walking and cycling up to 40ish miles happy cycling in the hills, I have had a recommendation for Morella and that looks very interesting so more of the same is good and also with the opportunity to park up in these areas for a day or two if there is enough there to explore, almost forgot we will be heading to Gruissan first so entering from that side.
Thanks Andy

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Hi we are heading to southern France/Northern Spain area possibly as far south as Peniscola in January for a four week trip, I appreciate that the North will be colder so ideally somewhere that the sun is shining at least,we normally go further south and for longer so this seems to be as far as we can go within this timescale, can anyone recommend any areas to visit coastal and inland no cities or very large towns as we have dogs and it makes it awkward, we enjoy walking and cycling up to 40ish miles happy cycling in the hills, I have had a recommendation for Morella and that looks very interesting so more of the same is good and also with the opportunity to park up in these areas for a day or two if there is enough there to explore, almost forgot we will be heading to Gruissan first so entering from that side.
Thanks Andy
We started our trip in those areas 3 weeks ago. Check out the thread for a few nice places. We have a dog and love to cycle and hike too. Could be cold in January though.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Camping Allegria at Benicarlo is a good site, operated by English sisters who married Spanish men! It's a gentle 20 min walk to Benicarlo and a longer 30,000 steps meander round trip to Peniscola, or a pleasant cycle, mainly on marked Cycle Lanes [but do beware of Road Trains of German Geriatrics on Electric Bikes paying no heed to the Rules or the Cycle Lanes. They are a danger to life and limb.

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Camping Allegria at Benicarlo is a good site, operated by English sisters who married Spanish men! It's a gentle 20 min walk to Benicarlo and a longer 30,000 steps meander round trip to Peniscola, or a pleasant cycle, mainly on marked Cycle Lanes [but do beware of Road Trains of German Geriatrics on Electric Bikes paying no heed to the Rules or the Cycle Lanes. They are a danger to life and limb.

Steve
I laughed when I read thisšŸ˜…,I had a few run ins with them October last year on the cycle area between La Volta camping and Lidl. Some of them are mad and don't care how they cyclešŸ˜….

Cheers Cris.

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001

Steve
We will be there! Aber mit der Deutsche radfahrer gibst kein probleme. Selbverstendlich

Gerry & Anne

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back