Free Member
Sep 23, 2019
Stone, Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740 Plus
Exp
Hi all.
As you may know I'm a newbie. Having purchased a 2015 frankia some 8 weeks ago. I've had a few problems to say the least and only managed one night away so far due to Covid-19. Anyway I've just been to check on the motorhome and anti freeze switch as activated to dump the remaining fresh water. I've put 30 ltrs in the water tank (to run water test) and it seems my water pump as become very noisy. Water seems to be running fine after a few air splatters. But the pump is very noisy when running. Any ideas ? I have attached a image of the pump. Also whilst MH not being used do I drain off tanks and taps to leave all empty (I think I know the answer to this) but I'm starting to question myself !

OP
OP
Allinthestars

Allinthestars

Free Member
Sep 23, 2019
Stone, Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740 Plus
Exp
This is the pump

Attachments

• 20200327_175316.jpg
    20200327_175316.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 36
Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Most pumps in my opinion are noisy while running. I thought it was just mine for ages but every now and then we get a thread about noisy pumps. My advise for what it’s worth just live we it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
All depends on where situated and what make, if it remote from the water tank then they tend to be noisy as there is no damping effect from the surrounding water if they are directly fitted in your water tank. Our Carado was fitted in the water tank and quiet, ditto the Hobby but the Pilote sounds like a jackhammer compared to the previous two. All checked over and ok but very noisy inside the van but inaudible outside the van.

OP
OP
Allinthestars

Allinthestars

Free Member
Sep 23, 2019
Stone, Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740 Plus
Exp
It's on the outside of the water holding tank. Which is under the kitchen floor. So from what your saying it sounds normal. I just dont remember it being that loud. Bit of is pumping fine.

Nov 15, 2017
Chippenham, Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Quad slider 5th wheeler
I've been old to sort mine out if to pipe lag the pipes in & ut of the pump. The noise is vibration and the lagging cures it. At the moment I can't reach my pump, so don't know if the advice is good

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Like @DavibBaldam. I thought the water pump on our Adira was very noisy (compared to our old caravans) and asked for advice from the forum members, check all the obvious suggestions i.e. pipework, rubber mountings air lock etc, etc, all fine. For some reason all externally mounted pumps are load.

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
The water pump fitted to our Autosleeper Rienza is on the wall between the bathroom and the wardrobe. The wall is very thin making the pump very noisy.
I had to change the pump recently so I tried to make it quieter. The rubber mountings were squeezed flat so didn’t damp out the noise. New mountings without over tightening helped a bit but the water pressure was very hit and miss. Either full on or nothing.
After a bit of research I found the filter from the old pump was incorrect for the newer pump. Fitting the correct filter cured the pressure problems and pump is a lot quieter than before.
I had thought of moving the pump or fitting an accumulator but with the water heater in the same place under the wardrobe along with the battery charger etc I will put up with it as is for now.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I find mine is a bit noisy after a drain down and refill. It takes more than just a quick open of the taps for it settle down. Also don’t forget to get water through to the toilet to remove all the air from the system.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back