Noise in campervan. (1 Viewer)

bri

Oct 2, 2020
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR BENIVAN 122
I have just bought the benivan122 ? Mine is a 2019 model and l seem to be getting noise from side door when travelling.we used to have coachbuilds in past and never a problem.is this normal on campervans ? Thanks

OP
OP
B

bri

Oct 2, 2020
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR BENIVAN 122
Yes it does have cab blinds but they seem ok in ambush position,and yes the hab door was closed properly with no apparent draught.thank you for replying.

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
If the side door is out of adjustment or worst case, bent, then wind gets into the door jams and howls. We used to get it with minibuses and work vans that had a hard life. Usually adjusting solves the issue, but not with a bent door

Reactions: bri
Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
What sort of noise? A rattle, whistle, drumming................... :unsure:

Door/external mirrors can make some odd noises with the wind blowing around them at certain speeds.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

bri

Oct 2, 2020
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR BENIVAN 122
The doors not been damaged in any way,we did speak to benimar who mentioned a possible door adjustment so what you suggest seems feasible thank you.unfortunately at moment the lockdown prevents any physical inspection.

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Where did you buy from? I believe the service depts are still working. I have a Benimar...not a van though.

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Tambor door on shower?

Upvote 0
May 29, 2020
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since March 2024
The Benivan 122 has caravan type windows rather than the more streamlined Seitz S4 or S7. Could this be the source of the noise?

Upvote 0

dipsie

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
Our first A/T V Line was quiet as far as the side door was concerned, the one we have now was not, I spent many trips up and down the road after each adjustment was made, I drew up an adjustment record as there are so many permutations of adjust it’s easy to get lost. In the end I got there, not only no rattles but it is now a lot easier to shut, especially from inside as I fitted up a strap that allows a pull from the centre of the door and it will not disturb any neighbours as it glides nicely.
I also have rear air suspension units that can be adjusted via control buttons and gauges, set at 25lbs we find the suspension is softer than the standard set up.
We run our tyre pressures a lot lower as well and I would say that is the best result we had in making the van the quietest we have ever owned or tried.
We also had new carpets made, expensive but you get what you pay for, not only quieter but the whole van feels warmer.
Our van is customised to our personal spec but there are no holes anywhere that stops it being returned to standard if we ever change it.
Best of luck with the door, you’l need patients.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back