No water !! Need advise please šŸ™ (1 Viewer)

sundances

Free Member
Aug 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
ducato sundance
Hi all, the new Ducato sundance has no water in taps n was sold as such, but she who must be obeyed insisted I buy so here goes my tale of woe so far.
Pump found to be u/s so changed for working 1 ..... Still same
Checked n no power to pressure switch
Found a relay in wardrobe n unplugged to find 2 homemade jumpers in its plug, aaaaar not happy,,,
Took jumpers out n lost all lights n I think fridge
Does the level sensor enable the pump etc ? It's got power but no idea wot it does tbh
Put 1 jumper back into relay plug n lights back on n fridge ok I think so after a relay at least.
New to all this n although it's wife's dream, she is v upset atm.
Any advise is welcome. Many thanks.

Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
Hi Sundances, the electrical wizard's will be along shortly. Meantime some photos of what you've found etc will help them make more accurate diagnosis

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Found a relay in wardrobe n unplugged to find 2 homemade jumpers in its plug, aaaaar not happy,,,
This is just a guess, but one reason to put in jumpers instead of a relay is to disable the 'feature' found on British MHs, which switches off all the habitation circuits when the engine is running. Putting in jumpers would leave them switched on permanently. If that is a good guess, then removing the jumpers is not a good idea, unless you replace them with the correct relay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
It sounds like you are doing all the right things tracing the fault so far. Sorry to state the obvious, but if the water system is a pump and pressure switch, there will be a water pump switch on the main control box or panel, to isolate the pump if there's a leak. Also there will be a pump fuse in the distribution/fusebox.

OP
OP
sundances

sundances

Free Member
Aug 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
ducato sundance
Yes I agree, the relay is fubar as pins are missing,,,,, but to go to the trouble of "friggin" It is takin the ......
I want to no what it actually does cos Iv no idea as new to all this.
Is it better to start again with my own system? It seems the build quality of these beasts is not good, but it is my wife's dream so any help is welcome. I'll post pics ASAP
Lots to learn
Thx for your advise.

OP
OP
sundances

sundances

Free Member
Aug 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
ducato sundance
I'll get a new relay n start again. I'll post results of course as may help others.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
There are regulations saying that all electrical items in a vehicle must be tested to ensure they are compatible with the vehicle systems and don't cause any interference. Each item must be tested in the place where it is fitted. This testing is expensive and time-consuming. Generally throughout Europe the manufacturers perform the tests, and the habitation circuits are passed as compatible.

For some reason many UK manufacturers don't do the tests, and shortcut the process by fitting a 'habitation relay'. This switches off all the habitation circuits when the engine starts. So no testing needed.

The question of disabling this habitation relay, to allow habitation circuits to work while the engine is running, comes up regularly on this forum, with different advice about whether to disable it, and how to disable it if you want.

As I said, I'm only guessing that this relay is one of these habitation relays. If it is, I think you'll find that even if you put back the relay to exactly as it was intended by the manufacturer, you won't be any nearer to finding the fault with the water pump circuit.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
sundancers. My puter says you've posted five times.
You will have to put your hand in your pocket (or swmbo's) purse to carry on getting this first class support. After all it was her who made you buy it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back