Niesmann+Bischoff to redesign Flair (1 Viewer)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The rumour from Polch is that they are redesigning the Flair for 2023 along the lines of the iSmove which is pretty modern looking,

To be fair though the Flair has been in it's current guise for a good few years now and most likely needs a spruce up but this could be quite radical, need to wait and see but being 2023 model I guess it will be launched at Dusseldorf 2022.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Was all set to get a Flair after 3 years of looking.
Then ended up with the Morelo😁😁

The paint on the Flairs is lovely and the fact you can get any colour is a big bonus.

Pity other manufacturers don’t give this option.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

The paint on the Flairs is lovely and the fact you can get any colour is a big bonus.

Agreed but it's a hell of a price at about £16k or whatever it is and they told me it was a BMW workshop that painted them so hopefully better than our car.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Ah,good. That’ll give them a reason for putting the price up then!;):giggle:

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
The rumour from Polch is that they are redesigning the Flair for 2023 along the lines of the iSmove which is pretty modern looking,

To be fair though the Flair has been in it's current guise for a good few years now and most likely needs a spruce up but this could be quite radical, need to wait and see but being 2023 model I guess it will be launched at Dusseldorf 2022.
So if they're going to make it more like the smove - lighter and flimsier?
I still think N&b are missing out on the proper liner market- where they made their name.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
hi Jon I get the impression that they are trying to carve their own niche in the market rather than going head to head in the liner class.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

Paint? Paint? It is powder-coating surely!

As for N&B moving into the Smove, iSmove arena, I was initially surprised, because it does require a manufacturer to transfer to lightweight materials, which are either flimsy, or like carbon-fibre expensive. I hope the accountants do not persuade the builders to bulk-buy flimsy stuff and fit them to the >3.5t models.

When we were last at Polch Basia asked about under 3.5t models and Jurgen Barth(then Senior Sales) said we do not sell any. I spoke to him the other day and he has retired. Did he jump or was he pushed? He said he is still dealing in a few N&B models - for Niesmann Caravans maybe? Anyone know? PM me if info is confidential. Who is in charge of Sales at Polch now?

Of course the re-modelling of the Flair might be the result of Martin funflair visiting Polch, his commens there and then defecting to Morelo, because they missed out on his €300,000+ splurge :LOL:

I am pleased though that even those who have moved to other marques have kept an interest in N&B posts here and on other forums.

Geoff

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
and they are going to be a bit red faced when the 3.5t is increased to 4t soon. Interior looks good but the outside is sort of the same ice cream van esk.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Paint? Paint? It is powder-coating surely!

As for N&B moving into the Smove, iSmove arena, I was initially surprised, because it does require a manufacturer to transfer to lightweight materials, which are either flimsy, or like carbon-fibre expensive. I hope the accountants do not persuade the builders to bulk-buy flimsy stuff and fit them to the >3.5t models.

When we were last at Polch Basia asked about under 3.5t models and Jurgen Barth(then Senior Sales) said we do not sell any. I spoke to him the other day and he has retired. Did he jump or was he pushed? He said he is still dealing in a few N&B models - for Niesmann Caravans maybe? Anyone know? PM me if info is confidential. Who is in charge of Sales at Polch now?

Of course the re-modelling of the Flair might be the result of Martin funflair visiting Polch, his commens there and then defecting to Morelo, because they missed out on his €300,000+ splurge :LOL:

I am pleased though that even those who have moved to other marques have kept an interest in N&B posts here and on other forums.

Geoff
Ti's paint on the custom colours I believe Geoff, powder coat enamel or whatever on the standard colours though, Cecile did seem quite upset when we told her we couldn't find anything in their lineup to suit our needs and we would be defecting along with our sub €300k budget;)

I do have a soft spot for N+B Geoff as you know and especially the older ones.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
and they are going to be a bit red faced when the 3.5t is increased to 4t soon. Interior looks good but the outside is sort of the same ice cream van esk.
Is that happening? style is a personal thing but I have always thought that the N+B range was very tidy externally although not keen on the chrome trim as a lot of it doesn't seem to last very well or didn't a few years ago anyway.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Is that happening? style is a personal thing but I have always thought that the N+B range was very tidy externally although not keen on the chrome trim as a lot of it doesn't seem to last very well or didn't a few years ago anyway.
I personally am not sure only that was loosely talked about some time ago. I am sure one of ‘Fun’s’ experts panel will have the latest info.
I prefer the new Hymer 674 front where the front profile blends into the side rather than a shoe box shape.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back