Nice October Campsite near Tours or Poitiers (1 Viewer)

Laughing Gravy

Free Member
Feb 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20
Exp
Since 2019
Hello all

just wondered if anyone can recommend a nice I night stop off campsite in above places for outward and return journeys

thanks !

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Camping Acacia at Tours is one that we have used many times in Winter.
Second that, stopped there a week ago it didn’t look much when we first pulled up but it was very nice once we we got set up . There are about 40 work men stopping in the lodges but caused no problems .👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Laughing Gravy

Free Member
Feb 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20
Exp
Since 2019
Thanks

Lennie HB. Can you recommend an Aire please ?

cheers

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
" Futurascope ." near Poitiers . Has Motorhome area. Have stayed here enroute to Portugal,you have to be off before a certain time if overnighting,but it has all the mod cons,is secure, and an area big enough to walk your dog if you have one .
Look up their site,it will tell you all about the m/ho area and prices,visit the attractions while you are in there,i think there is a discout. Easy access from main routes passing poitiers.
Enjoy.
Tea Bag

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Thanks

Lennie HB. Can you recommend an Aire please ?

cheers
Not really we just find one when we feel like stopping. We have stayed at the Futurea scope one when we were visiting, not one I would go to if just passing through quite expensive for what it is, it was about €12 a few years ago.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Decent camping-cars aire at Azay le Rideau, decent supermarket on edge of town and pretty chateau a few minutes from aire. Not sure of current charges.

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
The Black Prince had a amazing victory at Poiters against the French he was outnumbered 2to1.

OP
OP
L

Laughing Gravy

Free Member
Feb 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20
Exp
Since 2019
Good pub in Lambeth called the Black Prince. Been a couple of years since I have been there

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Decent camping-cars aire at Azay le Rideau, decent supermarket on edge of town and pretty chateau a few minutes from aire. Not sure of current charges.
I thought they closed that one a couple of years ago, council wanted it for a car park.

Edit:
Just checked no longer listed.

Last edited:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
The aire de CC in Azay le Rideau when it was open and we went there, if you followed the road past it on the left you came to the Public open air lido at which I had to hire a bathing hat cos having such long flowing locks (as per avatar pic|) clearly I would clog their filters so it was fortunate mon mari carries his Speedo budge smugglers just in case - bearing in mind we'd only just arrived there having stayed the whole previous week ensconced entirely sans pareil at the Club du Soleil Touraine not far up the road from Azay so all in all pretty hilarious really. We flung ourselves in the pool pdq and spent the next hour sitting on their grass just people watching until we needed a cuppa so got dressed came out and went back to the van. It was mid August and there was a cracking firework display in the evening at the chateau - you could pay and go into the grounds but we wormed ourselves through the gathered other freeloaders to outside the front wrought iron gate and watched 99% of the display from there. Anyway, if you drove straight past the lido - you came to the entrance of a campsite - no idea if that has survived or not.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
The Aire at Azay le Rideau was the western end of the municiple campsite, the council wanted more parking for the village so took the Aire back from Camping Cark Parks the campsite is still there but won't be open in October.
I expect you could overnight in the carpark, vans used to overnight in the carpark just outside the sight even though it has a no Motorhome sign.
The restaurant on the mini roundabout where you turn in to the site is very good but pricey, relieved me of €100 (it was my birthday).:cry:

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
That's a shame about the aire at Azay, had a few good visits. The municipal site always looked a bit un cared for. Think the restaurant was Les Grottes, had a few good evenings in there.

onemanand2dogs

Free Member
Mar 31, 2017
Knaresborough / Begur
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLX
Exp
since 2017
Dampierre Sur Loire just a few miles from Saumur is one if our favourite stops. Right on the Loire and an easy cycle track along the river into saumur
Free with services and room for about 60 units all with space for awnings. Our favourite spot is under the trees next to the horses.

May 12, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
For one night try Lac St. Cyr, it is a Camping Car Park Aire about 20 minutes north of Poitiers and just off the N10 outside Beaumont St Cyr 86130: Costs 11,05 euros for 24hours free water and electric always available, some Aires shut down their facilities at the end of September/October. The Aire is adjacent to a large lake and even bigger park, good for a bit of exercise after a days driving. We use it for the odd week - end away.

Robert

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
The Black Prince had a amazing victory at Poiters against the French he was outnumbered 2to1.

Good pub in Lambeth called the Black Prince. Been a couple of years since I have been there

Sadly the names of some pubs are being changed ........

interesting info re Futurascope - sounds like a place we could take the grandchildren, especially if you can park overnight on site !

May 12, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
nteresting info re Futurascope - sounds like a place we could take the grandchildren, especially if you can park overnight on site

You could combine it with a trip to Lac St Cyr, loads of childrens activity/play areas, Skate Board park, sandy beach with Lifeguard during the summer and water sports including water shute.

Robert

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back