Nice campsite in Dolomites?

Discussion in 'General Skiing Chat' started by Jac Sprat, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Jac Sprat

Jac Sprat Funster

Ratings:
    +1,156
    Hi
    Can anyone recommend one? We going mid March to mid April. The idea is that I can ski while non skiing partner and dog can hopefully enjoy some sunshine and nice walks.
    We're looking for ease of access to ski slopes, warm showers good facilities. Apres ski is not a concern but the odd bar or two would be nice.
    Greatly appreciate any advice or ideas.

2. Allan & Loren

Allan & Loren Funster

Ratings:
    +3,471
    Can't help but will watch this thread to see suggestions. We're going to canazei on 30th January for the first time and so looking forward to the skiing there. Our friends have been a few times and love it. I'll see what I can find out when I'm there if no one suggests anything before

3. Jac Sprat

Jac Sprat Funster

Ratings:
    +1,156
  4. Allan & Loren

Allan & Loren Funster

Ratings:
    +3,471
    Yes, also known as Val di fassa. Apparently great place, great apres ski, great skiing for all levels and over a wide area. I'm not a downhill skier as I don't have enough courage so took up cross country skiing 2 years ago when we were in Finland and Canazei has great cross country tracks too inc night lit ones. Our friends have been 3 times and other friends it's their favourite place. We're all going together on 30th Jan. Flying and staying in a chalet which is what we all did last year to kitzbule.

5. Allan & Loren

Allan & Loren Funster

Ratings:
    +3,471
  6. Jac Sprat

Jac Sprat Funster

Ratings:
    +1,156
    Thanks that looks great.

• Like it Like it x 1
  7. Moritz

Moritz

Ratings:
    +2
  8. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +17,817
    do you know how to bookmark a thread?

9. Jac Sprat

Jac Sprat Funster

Ratings:
    +1,156
    Actually no now you ask haha
    I click bookmark then can never find it again.
    Is this because I've asked before ? (Whoops)

10. haganap

Ratings:
    +17,817
    no I generally don't know Jac, I just wanted to hold it so I can look at it a week or two before I go so can have a sniff then. just saves me having to search through everything

11. haganap

Ratings:
    +17,817
    • Like it Like it x 1
  12. Jac Sprat

Jac Sprat Funster

Ratings:
    +1,156
    Reviving this thread as we never made it to the dolomites then but might this year. Has anyone found any good campsites in the region ?

13. Garfields

Garfields Funster

Ratings:
    +519
    There are a few sites around the Sella Ronda ski area that includes Canazei Arabba Selva etc
    Great ski area with lots of snow this year so far
    Heading out shortly:D
    Not stayed on any of the sites just spotted them the last time we skied there
    Great area to go in the summer as well

• Like it Like it x 1
  14. Jac Sprat

Jac Sprat Funster

Ratings:
    +1,156
    Please report back x

15. Garfields

Garfields Funster

Ratings:
    +519
    Jac Sprat
    Just a short update on our skiing trip
    We stayed in Arabba (in hotel not with van) just back
    Snow conditions were excellent with a little top up over the week. Snow cannons have hardly been used this year apparently more than enough of the real stuff.
    We had three sunny days two cloudy and one day which was very windy and the high lifts for the Sella Ronda were closed.
    Skied the SR both directions both enjoyed though a bit busy near Selva otherwise no waits at lifts though it is low season now.
    Went up and skied Marmoladda which was a great ski down but a bit windy at top.
    Skied Hidden valley which was ok but a fair bit of polling need before and after the horse toe. There is a small area across from the cable car you get for the valley that was very good and very quiet when we were there. We did it then the valley run.
    Re camp site cant give you much detail we spotted one from a lift near Canazi which looked ok. There were a few motorhomes parked near the ice rink in Arabba but I don't know what facilities if any were available there.
    The link someone had posted re site at San Cassiano we did not spoted but it has a lift to the Alta Badea area which we enjoyed and also links to the rest of the area Arabba etc.
    If I was driving there going by the conditions last week I would be on winter tyres
    The roads were ploughed and gritted but still icey with patches of snow. (Not the right conditions for chains) Later in the seasons it may be less of an issue but they are not the roads you would want to be sliding on.