NFU are the best quote so far (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
A question for you NFU customers.
Do you contact them and get quotes via their website/national phone no or through a local office?
I seem to remember reading that local NFU offices are independent of the HO site and give different quotes.

Richard.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
A question for you NFU customers.
Do you contact them and get quotes via their website/national phone no or through a local office?
I seem to remember reading that local NFU offices are independent of the HO site and give different quotes.

Richard.
Yes they are franchised and I believe some offices are less keen to quote for our type of business than others. I used the Brockenhurst office 01590 624744 and dealt with Christian Brown. Very helpful and competitive but I have heard post code can make a big difference.

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
I used the Cirencester branch I think it was

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
I went on line initially, then contacted my local office with a view to seeking the best deal. The local office noted that I'd already had a quote and were reluctant get involved. I didn't press the issue and accepted the online quote, which was excellent in comparison to other insurers.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
uttoxeter office , everytime , know most of them for years, as they know my business, no need to fill out things or questions , just go in tell them what i want and its done.

Aug 12, 2011
Funster No
MH
Roller team 700
Exp
Since 2007
I do not know if they offer a UK mainland equivalent but here in N Ireland we use Dolmen insurance, an irish company underwritten by AXA based in Dublin. It's a blanket price of £290 per year for all vehicles no matter the replacement vehicle price but you have to show evidence that you have another vehicle for use as your everyday car, if not the price goes up. Their reviews have always been fantastic and our motorhome repair guys say they pay out promptly and with no fuss - NFU were quoting me over £650 and we have never had a claim.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We use NFU because we had a similar problem. Original Insurance wanted Tracker and Alarm they didn’t. They joked that ours was cheap compared with a Combine Harvester. We have had a claim for a windscreen which was not cheap without any bother ( A Class ) They also give you New for Old upto Two Years.

The Insurance on the old MH ran out the day before we were due to drive down and collect the new one. Original Insurer was no help at all they could do was suggest I renew the policy and then cancel it. This would have cost about £75 for a days Insurance, NFU to the rescue and a Cover Note for the day FOC

Breakdown Cover is upto 3500Kg

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Their latest TV advertisment suggest otherwise, which is why I phoned them for clarification, Ken @canopus is correct, not covered over 3500kg.
nfu DO NOT do breakdown on ANY motorhome

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back