Free Member
Jun 28, 2019
Far west Wales
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T6501B
Exp
Since 2019
Can any one tell me how to drain our fresh water tank on 2011 6501B without running the taps? I can's see a drain tap underneath and the manual is not very clear (to me at least). Thanks!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Probably the same as a Hymer a triangular shaped wheel on top of the tank, unscrew until it stops that will drain to 20lt carry on to fully drain.

OR
Unscrew the inspection hatch see if there is a chain which pulls a plug out in the bottom of the tank.

OP
OP
Oldgustaf

Oldgustaf

Free Member
Jun 28, 2019
Far west Wales
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T6501B
Exp
Since 2019
Probably the same as a Hymer a triangular shaped wheel on top of the tank, unscrew until it stops that will drain to 20lt carry on to fully drain.

OR
Unscrew the inspection hatch see if there is a chain which pulls a plug out in the bottom of the tank.
Thanks very much for the info Lenny. Going to have a rummage under the travelling seats later on today.

May 5, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Once you’ve found the drain probably best to flush the tank through with fresh water to dislodge any debris. Then completely refill the tank and add some steriliser (I use Aqua Sol complete Water Treatment) running the taps to draw through the solution and leave for a few hours to work.

OP
OP
Oldgustaf

Oldgustaf

Free Member
Jun 28, 2019
Far west Wales
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T6501B
Exp
Since 2019
Once you’ve found the drain probably best to flush the tank through with fresh water to dislodge any debris. Then completely refill the tank and add some steriliser (I use Aqua Sol complete Water Treatment) running the taps to draw through the solution and leave for a few hours to work.
Thanks for the tip. I'll do this.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Oldgustaf

Oldgustaf

Free Member
Jun 28, 2019
Far west Wales
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T6501B
Exp
Since 2019
Been off grid for a few days. We run a camp/glamp site and it is bonkers here. Found the drain plug, so thanks for that! Have family here - 14 extra bodies, so moved in to the 6501. Such bliss! I really like the bed and love looking at the interior workmanship. Just got to hang in there until mid-September when we can take 'Myfanwy' her first trip...

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back