Aji

Dec 8, 2017
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Sgx
Exp
Neen
My new Adria Twin PDI inspection was carried out by the dealer yesterday.
Dealer informed me that the Satnav/ radio / info unit was dead, everything else was okay,
Van will have be looked at by Fiat Pro .
Was due to collect the van on Thursday 5th Aug but I think this will be delayed, hopefully can be resolved quickly.

Ally

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
It’s not uncommon for manufacturers to leave radio fuses out, in case the vehicle is stored for along period. especially if the unit is known as a drain, i bought a pre-reg Honda from a car supermarket and that came like that. Hopefully it’s something that simple.

OP
OP
Aji

Aji

Dec 8, 2017
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Sgx
Exp
Neen
It’s not uncommon for manufacturers to leave radio fuses out, in case the vehicle is stored for along period. especially if the unit is known as a drain, i bought a pre-reg Honda from a car supermarket and that came like that. Hopefully it’s something that simple.
Yeah, would be good if its something along the lines of a dodgy connection, fuse etc.
Hopefully they don't have to order and fit a replacement unit.

OP
OP
Aji

Aji

Dec 8, 2017
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Sgx
Exp
Neen
Dealer has informed me that the Satnav / Radio / integrated unit problem has been rectified.
The Fiat Pro garage found a loose connection within / under the dash, so all good now.

Therefore, handover and collection will be tomorrow afternoon as planned.
I hope the Fiat people have not damaged or marked anything whilst performing the trouble shooting and fixing the problem.

It's been a long wait, van was ordered last October.

Roll on tomorrow

Ally

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Aji
Have seen this - checklist for picking up a van? Good luck with your purchase.

OP
OP
Aji

Aji

Dec 8, 2017
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Sgx
Exp
Neen
Aji
Have seen this - checklist for picking up a van? Good luck with your purchase.

Yes I have looked at this, many thanks,

Ally

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
Still waiting from my dealer to find out why mine will not retain the Miles setting and reverts to KM each time we switch the engine off.
Having said that we’ve reverted to car play with google maps as we’ve found the fiat NaV to be very poor

OP
OP
Aji

Aji

Dec 8, 2017
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Sgx
Exp
Neen
Still waiting from my dealer to find out why mine will not retain the Miles setting and reverts to KM each time we switch the engine off.
Having said that we’ve reverted to car play with google maps as we’ve found the fiat NaV to be very poor
That's not good, surely that is a software problem which should be easily resolved.

I'll let you know how I get on with the Satnav,

Ally

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Check the dealer has updated the satnav. After collection you only get one free update and then I think within 3 months. I never managed to update mine so use a seperate garmin with lifetime updates backed up with google maps on phone.

OP
OP
Aji

Aji

Dec 8, 2017
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Sgx
Exp
Neen
Collected the van yesterday, good handover.
Everything working like it should.
100ml drive home, the auto 9 speed box is superb and combined with the 180 engine makes it so easy to drive.
Will now start reading through all the manuals etc.
Photos to follow sometime, rain forecast up here for the next few days,

Ally

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
If it's a Zenec unit, you will find regular software updates free on their site. Last one I installed then gave me a free map update. 😀

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Had to pay for my Zenec map update last year. Still getting money off offers for current updates so not sure where you found them for free. Presumably the operating software and not the map update.

May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Aji , which dealer did you use, Struans? Be aware they previously did not pdi the base vehicle, just the equivalent of a habitation check. Said to me a couple of weeks ago they were going to change that, I’ve been back with a few build quality issues, both Fiat and Adria. Also be aware the van could be a bit heavier than you think, I’m running bang on 3.5t in normal touring mode. I’m in Aberdeen so feel free to give me a shout if you have any q’s, I may be able to help and save you a trip back to the dealer.

OP
OP
Aji

Aji

Dec 8, 2017
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Sgx
Exp
Neen
Hello Andy,

Yes, the van was bought through Struans.

Weight wise I will be okay, van is on the Maxi chassis at 4.25mt.

Thanks for the help offer, I'll give you a shout if (when ) needed.

Ally

OP
OP
Aji

Aji

Dec 8, 2017
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Sgx
Exp
Neen
First trip completed yesterday.
Departed last Tuesday morning from Aberdeen, stopped for the night at Cromford / Matlock to visit one of my sons, parked up for the night on the road beside Cromford Mills, no charge.

Next day headed down to Taunton, van fitted with Growler, Non starter and Battery master at Vanbitz, spent two nights at Cornish farm. One night included free, one night at £25.

Drove across to Guildford on Friday to visit the Motolegends shop, bought some gear. Parked up for the night at a local pub, no charge. Had a meal and a few drinks, everybody happy.

Drove up to Louth, Lincolnshire on the Saturday, stayed for two nights on a CL at £15 / night with Ehu.
Spent Sunday at Cadwell for the bike racing, great day.

Travelled back home to Aberdeen on Monday.

1400 miles and the only thing not working is the igniter for the hob.
Only got the van on the 5th Aug, now covered 1750 miles.

The 180 engine and 9 speed auto box are great, so easy to drive.

Great trip.

Ally

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back