New Van & Insurance for non-Alarmed Period (1 Viewer)

Phil89a

Free Member
Apr 22, 2021
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SPB
Exp
Anyone know how this will work?

I order a new van without an Alarm and Tracker as I will be taking a visit shortly after to VanBlitz for them to work their magic. In the time between collection and VanBlitz fitting, how does the insurance company view this period?

I am assuming I have to take out the insurance paying more - and then change the insurance (and pay an amendment cost) when the alarm and tracker is fitted.

Appreciate peoples thoughts on this?

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I had the same issue. Most places insist on an alarm and/or tracker. NFU are happy to insure without either. Their prices are good, so I went with them. The downside seems to be, it's essentially 'car' insurance, so you get very little contents cover.

A month later, I've got my VanBitz alarm and tracker. So I'll have more choice of insurance next year.

Upvote 0
Jun 13, 2020
Garden of England
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML T570
My experience was such that some insurance companies would give a couple of days grace between pick up of motorhome and alarm/tracker installation, some would give 14 days.
In the end, I had to delay collection of my motorhome until a couple of days before Vanbitz installation, in order to satisfy insurance.
In all I delayed collection by about 6 weeks from memory owing to the fact the dealership dragged their heels a little in giving me a collection date.
It was well worth the wait though.
Impressed with Vanbitz work.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Had the same problem went with Performance Direct as didn't want any as long as you had an immobiliser was like that until June when I had Strikeback and Shadow tracker and non starter fitted at Vanbitz , really good job done won't go anywhere else now I've found them highly recommend them.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back