LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Well, we came away on Friday, stopping at Warwick CAMC site. Set up...etc etc, few beers, walk into the town centre, you know the score... came back to the van, tv ( came with the van, none descript make) on, sat dish searched for channels, all ok.
Moved onto Henley-on-Thames CAMC, same again, but the bloody tv was having none of it. Stuck on standby, not responding to the Yorkshire way of asking it to work...ie twating it with my fist.
Resulting in MrsB not being happy with no strictly on the box.
So Sunday looked for a new, bigger screen, smart satellite ready tv/dvd combo thingy. I was shocked at the Avtex pro price. So I found this

So I emailed the store asking if it would be possible to pick up from there distribution centre in Ringwood, as we was heading for Dorset on Monday. No problem said Scott the director.

So picked up, installed and MrsB is well impressed. She can even hear it as the speakers are that good.
Overall, well pleased for £200 ?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
We are a friendly lot round these parts. Hope you enjoy your visit

Jim lea

Free Member
Dec 13, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
Im going to be buying the same, glad it’s all working ok. It seems to be the only smart 12v tv out there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I'm afraid your new TV is doomed to fail as your old one did. :oops::sleep::sleep::sleep:
Strictly is infamous for breaking TVs, its almost (not quite) as bad as soap opera's for the drivel running through these poor TV sets!!! (n)

Only kidding, here's wishing you both the good health to enjoy your new purchase
. (y)

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Before you dump your old TV - replace the 12volt plug with a better one and it may come back to life.... at least you can sell it on?

Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Quite a while.....though not long enough
Our trusty old cheap and cheerful Kogan TV was left in our previous Van, and the TV in the new to us Van was not up to scratch.

We had originally pencilled in this Sharp 24" as a replacement, but it had to be crossed from our list unfortunately, as it wouldn't quite fit in place of the old unit.

So we went for a Cello, which we have also had in a previous Van, that worked was fine. The new version though, I don't know if it was just the size of the panel that we bought (20") - but sitting anywhere other than smack bang in front of it, the picture washed out something terrible.

So we then went for the Avtex Pro 21.5", the picture and quality of it look a step up from our others (though we have yet to use it "in the field"). But on first impressions I would highly recommend it.

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Be mindful when purchasing a TV for use in a motorhome that many of the budget TV’s have a very narrow field of view and some of the cheap manufacturers websites sometimes decide not to share their TV viewing angles with you when selling their products. Normally they are ok if you can all sit and view the screen direct on but if the TV mounting point in your van / motorhome means some viewers will be looking at the screen from an angle they will be disappointed. I’ve purchased a couple of cheap TV’s in the past thinking they will do the job and ended up paying the extra money for an Avtex - problem sorted.

Taff763

Free Member
Sep 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Exp
Since 1989
The sharp TV you bought is exactly the same as the Cello, it's the same TV with a different badge fitted onto it, you'll find they are made in the same factory here in the UK. I bought the Cello and and very pleased with it, good luck and happy watching?

Jim lea

Free Member
Dec 13, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
Have to agree, went down the Aldi (Bahun) route and it was money down the drain. I’d like to think that Sharp would be a good quality option. I’m fitting Avtex in the front and Sharp in the bedroom. Will have a good comparison - watch this space.

OP
OP
Mr B

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Before you dump your old TV - replace the 12volt plug with a better one and it may come back to life.... at least you can sell it on?
Tried it on mains, still no joy ?

Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Quite a while.....though not long enough
The thing that seemed apparent to me was that you could have the same brand, but in different sizes thus using a different panel. With one model that would have a perfectly fine viewing angle (take for example the 24" cello), but then the 20" was unwatchable from anything other than smack bang in front, and this was on both the Horizontal and Vertical axis.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I thought the Cello was a rebadged Ferguson ?
Think it's the other way around. Cello licence the Ferguson brand name from Thomson who got it from Thorn EMI.
We've been using our new 24" Ferguson in earnest for the first time and the viewing angle is excellent. You can still read the text on the screen from an angle of nigh on 160 \ 170 degrees(?) with virtually with no washout in the colour.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back