Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Let's be having some photos of what it looks like now then ... we do like to have a mooch around (I'm a fully paid up member of the NMC = nosy moo's club :LOL:).

OP
OP
albertramsbot
Nov 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Vario 614
Not yet, some internals maybe but I start my freshen up next week because to be fair it does need one. Bits of rust here and there and some really bad electrics. Need to check exhaust as it seems a bit noisy and find a heater control unit as all my knobs just spin around.

I will also rip the skirt off it as it looks naff but I want to inspect the other side of the skirt first because if its covering loads of rust I will just leave it there

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
albertramsbot
Nov 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Vario 614
Its finding somewhere to do this. Which reminds me I need a user manual or any other manuals I can get. It takes a bit to start so I think it might need a pre fuel pump to get it to the engine. Not sure. Will garage it if I can find one that wants to work on it :)

OP
OP
albertramsbot
Nov 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Vario 614
Behind the Swedish wood sauna panelling is a sliding door. You can see the mechanism next to the rope which looks brand new. I would like to get it working again. On the outside it looks like the door has been either welded or just bolted shut with some mastic.

So I will be pulling the wood out to see if it can be rescued with a door handle, lock and slider mech. Have not seen one with a sliding door so not sure what is required

Cheers
20211114_160834 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back