MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I know TV in a Moho is a marmite subject, but we wouldn't be without ours, so having recently picked up a very cheap Firecube I am thinking of installing it permanently in our Moho, with two hdmi sockets (one in each area where we put the TV to watch) fed through a HDMI splitter. It has a 'magic eye' to sense any operation of the remote, so the Firecube could be tucked away and connected via ethernet to the modem if required. Would really love to use the same sockets as exist for the 12v/aerial/sat TV (black inserts in a gloss black frame) but obv in a hdmi sockets format. I could just use the brush type openings or just put a white hdmi socket on for now until I can get or make a matching one.

Has anyone done anything similar? I know it's a lot of fuss for something but I do love a complicated solution for an easy fix ...

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Is this what you want?

Screenshot_20201018-085054.png

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
almost perfect !!! tbanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
My camper came with three large TV’s factory fitted. Lounge, bedroom and in a dedicated outside locker under the awning. All linked to a central point with HDMI with ARC

We installed a HDMI distribution unit to allow simultaneous viewing and linked the surround sound to the ARC (Audio Return Channel) to the outside TV as the system has waterproof external speakers as well. That way the audio is synced to all three TV’s with no dubbing issues, but the overall volume can be controlled from outside the camper using the original TV remote.

The advantage of using the HDMI distribution unit is that we have multiple inputs so have an Amazon firecube, Satellite TV, chrome-cast and Now Tv all in one place, hidden away in a cupboard

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
My camper came with three large TV’s factory fitted. Lounge, bedroom and in a dedicated outside locker under the awning. All linked to a central point with HDMI with ARC

We installed a HDMI distribution unit to allow simultaneous viewing and linked the surround sound to the ARC (Audio Return Channel) to the outside TV as the system has waterproof external speakers as well. That way the audio in synced to all three TV’s with no dubbing issues, but the overall volume can be controlled from outside the camper using the original TV remote.

The advantage of using the HDMI distribution unit is that we have multiple inputs so have an Amazon firecube, Satellite TV, chrome-cast and Now Tv all in one place, hidden away in a cupboard

so i am not as daft as my wife looks then ....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back