Phil89a

Free Member
Apr 22, 2021
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SPB
Exp
Interesting - the 2022 specifications are now up on Adria Mobil (which I think is for the non-UK specs) see - <Broken link removed>. UK specs on Adria.co.uk are still 2021, so shouldn't be too long.

Should add that is the link for the 600 - you can get the 640 from www.adril-mobil.com.

Also, there are a load of good looking options listed, which I don't think we will get in the UK mores the pity :(

Last edited:

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
Thanks Phil89a for finding & posting this. I too am awaiting a new Adria Twin 640 SLB Supreme. I think it will be very interesting to see what the new base vehicle price will be and what the van option packages will now include & their prices. The figures go to the dealers very soon & should be available to all by the end of July Adria tell me. They also said no changes to the MH side of the van. I have a fancy all electric components car, fist change for 10 years so all came as a big shock in 2019 & took a lot of time getting used to it, especially since we spent 5 months a year in the van doing more miles than in the car. I was hoping the new van did not have keyless entry, start or handbrake, but it looks like it will have all for sure now. Who knows how after market MH alarms will integrate with the keyless aspect & their remote fobs, such as locking all doors & night/pet setting. Whatever comes it will be exciting times for sure, I’ve never owned an automatic but understand this new one is fantastic. I understand from my dealer that there is a new van in Grimsby at a dealers some months ago but it was under wraps & only available to Fiat dealers to view. I will definitely like the new full LED headlights like in my car.
One thing I would say about the keyless fobs,is get yourself a Faraday pouch ,as this stops would be thieves from nicking it by scanning the fob from outside your property, the pouches are lined with copper, so they stop the scanners from receiving the signal. I have a keyless car and always put the fob in the pouch( and the spare in a second one). You can get them from Amazon.(y)

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for this new input Phil89a, I’ve downloaded the brochure from the continental website. Yes Wabs I have a car with keyless and also use the faraday pouches. I’ve recently got smaller ones for a sing fob too to take away with us.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P

Phil89a

Free Member
Apr 22, 2021
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SPB
Exp
Thanks for this new input Phil89a, I’ve downloaded the brochure from the continental website. Yes Wabs I have a car with keyless and also use the faraday pouches. I’ve recently got smaller ones for a sing fob too to take away with us.
Just be aware that the UK doesn't have the same available"features" as Europe and we get dumbed down options.

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
It looks like to get Sat Nav you have to upgrade the standard 7” DAB radio to the 10” one, unlike before the 7” upgrade had the Sat Nav? If that is correct then my 3.55% increase is a lot more to get like for like but I don’t have any price for it. I bet it will be a good £1.5k which would make it around 5% overall increase. I bet the front fogs are now another option with driving direction this time. I note a lot of GB standard things are now included in the pack that has no charge, why show it that way this time? Perhaps to show you are getting things included that always were? 3 of the individually priced options have gone up £190 or 5% and the 10 year water ingress warranty has been reduced to 7years. I should find out all on Tuesday

OP
OP
P

Phil89a

Free Member
Apr 22, 2021
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SPB
Exp
My understanding is the 10” isn’t an option in the UK Twin, just the 7” - fog lights are standard I think - but who knows until we see the UK options list 😀. Let me know what you find out Tuesday.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
The way I see it (and all other new vehicles, eat your heart out Beaching,) is a "Techno Train" you will have a private carriage in a long que and will have paid a lot of money for the privilege. Wilding/FLTing will be a thing of the past because people of the future (not to distant) will not have a clue how (as with the advent of satnav) to get from A to B without the aid of Facenagg and Pricker. and of course not to mention Mr Google;)
On the plus side the internet will be inundated with selfies and breakfast cookery whilst on the move.
reality show cereal GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
If you wanted to improve safety with a motorhome, you'd probably be better providing an airbag that inflates behind the seats to catch the furniture, cutlery and accoutrements that would inevitably fly into the front on impact. ::bigsmile:
Exactly , I've driven commercial vehicles for 40 year , plan your load for hard braking and evasive action

When I bought my MH it came with a microwave in a cupboard which has been replaced with a lightweight electric cooker

I just had this vision of

Bang

I'm alive

Ding

Just yesterday on the M6 a truck changing lanes caught a car , spun it and pushed it up the motorway sideways so some braking was needed , luckily not right in front of me

May 29, 2021
Kotka, Finland
Funster No
MH
Hymer Van
We ordered our Hymer Grand Canyon in 1/2021 and the chassis will be in production early 2022 so we're waiting for a new model too. When the new model was officially introduced (the dealer had heard rumors that 2022 might be a new model so I Googled for it every now and then) in May (?) I decided not to chase the dealer just yet as he probably doesn't know anything yet. Usually Hymer has published new prices in the begininnig of July so I patiently waited a few months but when we were nearing August I gave him a call. Still no news but the factory had informed that the Golden White wasn't available next year and we had to pick another color.

I thought I'll wait a bit more to see what other colors are dropped and what do they (the factory) offer for new ones. And oh boy what have they done. Now they seem to offer black, white and 5 colors between them. My wife doesn't exactly like any of them, she just has one which isn't 'that bad', and I'd go for the new Lanzarote (eventhough I think darker colors are a bit hard to maintain). So neither of us will be happy and one of us is going to be disappointed :-/ Other than that, we're eagerly waiting to get all the stuff. Except that most of the new stuff will be optional extras and we have already chosen so many extras that these new things will mostly have to be left out.

I find it interesting that on most new Ducato videos they tell this and that being as standard, like the keyless system and the electric handbrake (which indeed are quite basic stuff these days) but at least what I've read from for example Adria price lists even those mentioned seem to be optionals. Well, maybe they are standard for fiatprofessional.it and .de -customers but 'we' pay extra.

But still, happy to know that our new one will be a bit different (from the inside, mostly) than our previous 2011 was. And it's funny how the current/previous started to look slightly old (again, mainly inside) over night :)

OP
OP
P

Phil89a

Free Member
Apr 22, 2021
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SPB
Exp
Actually, it seems that most of the "safety" new additions (LED headlights, type pressure monitor, digital rear view mirror, etc) aren't even an option in the UK for Adria. They are options for the Euro models, but not much has made it across to the UK models. Keyless entry is not mentioned anywhere - only the electric parking brake appears under the Lux Pack. "Safety" doesn't seem to be priority for the UK models, we seem to be limited to the basic stuff only :(

JoeB

Free Member
Aug 18, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
My spec sheet says Black headlights? Whatever they are but no mention anywhere of front fog lights but I thought Fiat were making them standard. I’ve got wireless phone charging tray!

I am looking to order a 2022 Adria 640 SLB supreme with most of the options. Got my offer through from the dealer and under lights it has

DRL - Halogen day time running lights

I queried as I wanted the LED headlight option. If that was not available then at least LED day time running lights. The answer I got back is below

I have heard back from Adria, the DRL are halogen next year because they had an issue with supply of microchips which delayed the supply of them so to get rid of that problem they decided to just do the halogen lights on all vehicles and not offer the LED lights so they are not an option for adria for 2022

Does this ring true - have others who have their new 2022 spec have Halogen or LED DRLs?

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
I am looking to order a 2022 Adria 640 SLB supreme with most of the options. Got my offer through from the dealer and under lights it has

DRL - Halogen day time running lights

I queried as I wanted the LED headlight option. If that was not available then at least LED day time running lights. The answer I got back is below

I have heard back from Adria, the DRL are halogen next year because they had an issue with supply of microchips which delayed the supply of them so to get rid of that problem they decided to just do the halogen lights on all vehicles and not offer the LED lights so they are not an option for adria for 2022

Does this ring true - have others who have their new 2022 spec have Halogen or LED DRLs?
I have just ordered a Rapido Dreamer 2022 with most of the options and LED Front lights are one of packs with sequential indicators and directional fog lights.

OP
OP
P

Phil89a

Free Member
Apr 22, 2021
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SPB
Exp

Yes. When I asked Adria about this the answer was "HALOGEN as Fiat cannot supply LED at this time"

Also, Keyless entry is not an option :(

Jul 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
Yes. When I asked Adria about this the answer was "HALOGEN as Fiat cannot supply LED at this time"
My dealer got the published list of options from Rapido about 6 weeks ago so I'm surprised that they didn't update the options list.
If they are not LED's I will be requesting a full refund of that option.

OP
OP
P

Phil89a

Free Member
Apr 22, 2021
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SPB
Exp
Anyone know if a swap post-delivery to LED would be possible (once supply issues are resolved) ?

Jul 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
My dealership have just informed me they will refund the LED element of my chosen option as LEDs are priced individually as well as part of an option pack. TBH not bothered whether LED or not. Not getting the 9 inch nav/media pack however would be a different matter.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
My dealership have just informed me they will refund the LED element of my chosen option as LEDs are priced individually as well as part of an option pack. TBH not bothered whether LED or not. Not getting the 9 inch nav/media pack however would be a different matter.
I think halogen lights make a vehicle look dated. And integrated satnavs are normally pretty awful... although if it had Android Auto/Apple CarPlay I'd be more keen.

Jul 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
I think halogen lights make a vehicle look dated. And integrated satnavs are normally pretty awful... although if it had Android Auto/Apple CarPlay I'd be more keen.
It does have those features as well. Never had any problem with my Volvo Satnav. We'll see.

Jun 5, 2019
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Just about enough
It does have those features as well. Never had any problem with my Volvo Satnav. We'll see.
Volvo offer free updates on their systems Broken Link Removed

May 29, 2020
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since March 2024
Regarding the new 2022 Ducato 8, Sevel did not produce any this week due to a shortage of ESC modules from Bosch. Be prepared for a long wait if you want the digital dashboard and the 10” screen. The only main converter who had some with the new 10” screen at Caravan Salon was Pilote.631CE9E3-A982-450E-959B-53A491CB2839.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Regarding the new 2022 Ducato 8, Sevel did not produce any this week due to a shortage of ESC modules from Bosch. Be prepared for a long wait if you want the digital dashboard and the 10” screen. The only main converter who had some with the new 10” screen at Caravan Salon was Pilote.View attachment 533736
Have they relegated the hazard warning lights to a minor side button to make space for a volume control? And now the aircon controls are between the radio and the volume control? Looks like someone went to the Ford dashboard design school where they learn to place buttons with a shotgun.

So it's had the biggest dash design update in 15 years, but it's still only a minor facelift. I hope the dials have got better.

Aji

Dec 8, 2017
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Sgx
Exp
Neen
Just seen the price increases for the Adria Twins.
Base price for the Adria Twin Supreme Sgx was £51900, it's now £57295 !!

Ally

OP
OP
P

Phil89a

Free Member
Apr 22, 2021
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SPB
Exp
Got to remember it now comes with some of the “must have” optional stuff as standard; so the price rise isn’t as large as it looks.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
How does the PSA compare to the Iveco?

The PSA 's a fair bit more noisy than the VW 2.0.

But better tbh with a tune up.

Cheers James
I have the 2ltr Citroen engine 6d ad blue 130bhp and it is very poky and economical.
it sounds like a diesel but drives like a petrol engine. It has a reputation for outlasting the Fiat engines.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back