New Ducato 2022 ? (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
Having ordered a 2022 Rapido Dreamer I was surprised on receipt of the 2022 Brochure that on my 6.3m PVC is now advertised with |rear assist semi air suspension which was not standard on previous years Ducato's for my model. Was one of the after purchase add ons I was considering so nice if true. As to what extras I paid for actually being fitted is going to be interesting when delivered, from what postings above have disclosed.

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
I have the 2ltr Citroen engine 6d ad blue 130bhp and it is very poky and economical.
it sounds like a diesel but drives like a petrol engine. It has a reputation for outlasting the Fiat engines.
Same as pug and transit engine. I have the 2.2 version.

Have you had issues with the dpf at all?

Cheers James

Dec 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Have they relegated the hazard warning lights to a minor side button to make space for a volume control? And now the aircon controls are between the radio and the volume control? Looks like someone went to the Ford dashboard design school where they learn to place buttons with a shotgun.

So it's had the biggest dash design update in 15 years, but it's still only a minor facelift. I hope the dials have got better.
I think what you think are radio and volume controls are actually temperature adjustment and fan speed adjust for the climate control.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I think what you think are radio and volume controls are actually temperature adjustment and fan speed adjust for the climate control.
The radio is the screen at the top. The middle bank is AC. The bottom row includes a dial that has the word "mute" on it, so I assume that's volume control... for the radio. That's poor design.

Jul 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
The radio is the screen at the top. The middle bank is AC. The bottom row includes a dial that has the word "mute" on it, so I assume that's volume control... for the radio. That's poor design.
Radio Phone and Nav controls can be integrated into the steering wheel as an option which most will go for I reckon as it is becoming pretty much standard in cars these days.

Dec 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Ah I can see that now. Seems like a very peculiar place to put it. As you say, very Ford like! I guess though, as has been said above, that most radio controls will be on the steering wheel.

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Same as pug and transit engine. I have the 2.2 version.

Have you had issues with the dpf at all?

Cheers James
The Peugeot and Ford engines are different now and have been since 2017 when Ford launched their 2.0L Panther Ecoblue 130 & 170ps engines in Europe and PSA launched their own 2.0L Blue HDi. The 2.2L Puma/PSA was ditched as it wouldn't have made the newer Euro 6 true grade (rather than Temp). Due to the success of the 160ps in the Asia market Ford launched it in Europe late 2020. Ford & PSA now only have a partnership for sub 2.0L engines built in Tremery which found in Ford, PSA, BMW/Mini & Volvo passenger cars.

Mercedes have a similar partnership with Renault. Their OM654 found in the Vito & Sprinter is based on Renault architecture first seen in the 2016 E class. This partnership has proved successful. The Merc' A class is basically a Renault so too are the FWD Sprinters.

Both the newer PSA Blue HDi and the Ford Ecoblue are both emission ready to meet the Euro 7 standard in 2024.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Having ordered a 2022 Rapido Dreamer I was surprised on receipt of the 2022 Brochure that on my 6.3m PVC is now advertised with |rear assist semi air suspension which was not standard on previous years Ducato's for my model. Was one of the after purchase add ons I was considering so nice if true. As to what extras I paid for actually being fitted is going to be interesting when delivered, from what postings above have disclosed.

I look forward to your post describing what new Ducato features Dreamer did include as standard and what was in the brochure that you missed out on. I'm considering a longer replacement for my Rapido V43 in the next couple of years. If Sterling can be back at 1.4 Euros by then :rolleyes:

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Just learned today that the Sevel plant in Italy is still closed. It produces around 12,000 vans a day, the largest in Europe, and has been closed since around 27th August I think. I’m just hoping Adria actually had possession of my van but they are not telling their dealers much unfortunately. Fingers crossed for it coming in October

Jul 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
I look forward to your post describing what new Ducato features Dreamer did include as standard and what was in the brochure that you missed out on. I'm considering a longer replacement for my Rapido V43 in the next couple of years. If Sterling can be back at 1.4 Euros by then :rolleyes:
Will do earliest delivery April, and more than likely later! If the chip shortage goes into 2023 we will have to rethink.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2013
Cabbunk Central
Funster No
MH
Carado T459
Exp
Not long enough!
I have the 2ltr Citroen engine 6d ad blue 130bhp and it is very poky and economical.
it sounds like a diesel but drives like a petrol engine. It has a reputation for outlasting the Fiat engines.
Me too. I completely agree with you. One of the best engines I have ever had. Better than Fiat 2.3 Euro6 imo. A really sweet engine.

Sep 19, 2013
Cabbunk Central
Funster No
MH
Carado T459
Exp
Not long enough!
Just learned today that the Sevel plant in Italy is still closed. It produces around 12,000 vans a day, the largest in Europe, and has been closed since around 27th August I think. I’m just hoping Adria actually had possession of my van but they are not telling their dealers much unfortunately. Fingers crossed for it coming in October
FYI: Our new van has been moved from January to March (so far). Hymer Group are normally pretty accurate.....

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
I drove a new VW Caddy recently I absolutely hate the Glass dash controls, personally I think they are distracting and dangerous, a Function knob or button as a control gives feedback, you don't even have to look at it whilst adjusting which is not the case with a glass dash which just like a Tablet your finger may or may not have pushed the slider or the 'button' may or may not have activated. Cant wait for the retro Dash to make a come back.....I know it never will as buttons and switches cost money, but what price for safety.

Wot-no-van

Free Member
Sep 27, 2021
Funster No
MH
Waiting!
Just following the “delay” thread. Our re-entry into motorhoming has been pushed from Sept 21 to Mar 22 due to the chip shortage and Fiat plant shutdown. Apparently they have restarted Ducato production bu5 at reduced rate. We are expecting even Mar 22 to slip now.

Jul 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
Just following the “delay” thread. Our re-entry into motorhoming has been pushed from Sept 21 to Mar 22 due to the chip shortage and Fiat plant shutdown. Apparently they have restarted Ducato production bu5 at reduced rate. We are expecting even Mar 22 to slip now.
Any reference/link to Ducato re starting production? Nothing on the Stellantis Website or on Google generally that I could find to confirm a re start of production.

Wot-no-van

Free Member
Sep 27, 2021
Funster No
MH
Waiting!
Supposedly started this new pattern on 27th Sept, but we’re shut for 4 weeks. i could not find anything about what impact the backlog will have on MH deliveries.

May 29, 2021
Kotka, Finland
Funster No
MH
Hymer Van
Slightly old thread, but I'll put my words here anyway.

As we know, this latest (2022) Ducato has been named as Ducato/Serie 8. But yesterday I was watching a 6 months old video about the Hymer Crand Canyon/Ayers Rock/Yellowstone which are having an update for 2023 and something got my attention. The dude was wondering about the delivery times be'ing propably so long that they are most likely to be based on the new Serie NINE.

Immediately googled about that, and there are indeed quite a few links selling serie 9 for 2023. But couldn't find anything about 9, and usually the photos show what we know as 8 and more than once there was a text something like 'Photos are for illustrations purposes only'.

Anyone know what is the serie 9?

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
It's a 2nd facelift given to the Ram Promaster.

Dec 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Camper UK told me ages ago that a new Ducato was programmed for 2023.

May 29, 2020
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since March 2024
Slightly old thread, but I'll put my words here anyway.

As we know, this latest (2022) Ducato has been named as Ducato/Serie 8. But yesterday I was watching a 6 months old video about the Hymer Crand Canyon/Ayers Rock/Yellowstone which are having an update for 2023 and something got my attention. The dude was wondering about the delivery times be'ing propably so long that they are most likely to be based on the new Serie NINE.

Immediately googled about that, and there are indeed quite a few links selling serie 9 for 2023. But couldn't find anything about 9, and usually the photos show what we know as 8 and more than once there was a text something like 'Photos are for illustrations purposes only'.

Anyone know what is the serie 9?
Look at the "Anyone got confirmed news Re Fiat Ducato build delays" thread (page 20).

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
I suspect that due to the lead in time, plus sporadic supplies to the converters, there will continue to be many ‘mix ‘n’ match’ variants of the Fiat base - particularly with regard to electrics/electronics - being delivered to the end customer for some time to come.

Our late 22 Adria has the upgraded, but not full LED, dashboard, halogen lights front and rear, but the electric handbrake - which is the one thing I would have missed due to the manual version fouling on the front swivel seat.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back