Need to hang a Fire Blanket and need recommended screw fixing (1 Viewer)

Sep 25, 2023
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590RS
I need to hang a fire blanket near the kitchen which is at the rear of the MH. The ideal place is on the wall just inside the hab door, there is no where else that won't interfere with cupboard doors opening. Command Strips are useless on the internal wall coating so will have to screw a hook in.

Any suggestions are a preferred fixing method. Was going to use a hook and a cavity type fixing. Not sure how thick the inner wall material is or how much space (wall depth there is) behind.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I need to hang a fire blanket near the kitchen which is at the rear of the MH. The ideal place is on the wall just inside the hab door, there is no where else that won't interfere with cupboard doors opening. Command Strips are useless on the internal wall coating so will have to screw a hook in.

Any suggestions are a preferred fixing method. Was going to use a hook and a cavity type fixing. Not sure how thick the inner wall material is or how much space (wall depth there is) behind.
I'd try and get an idea of the material it's made of and any likely cable runs a lot of the wallboard is very lightweight .

OP
OP
FrankNicklin
Sep 25, 2023
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590RS
What about that Nano tape stuff? Would that work?
Nano tape might work, I do have some in the MH, it needs to be strong enough to withstand yanking on the tapes to pull the blanket out. I could supplement the nano behind the hook with nano on the back of the blanket pouch as well I guess.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
A stud wall is covered with either 12.5mm or 9mm plasterboard and a skim of plaster.

If you tap around where you want to place it and it goes between hollow (stud) and
solid then it's likely to be a 'Dot and Dab where a solid wall is covered in plasterboard
that is 'glued' to the wall by an adhesive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
A stud wall is covered with either 12.5mm or 9mm plasterboard and a skim of plaster.

If you tap around where you want to place it and it goes between hollow (stud) and
solid then it's likely to be a 'Dot and Dab where a solid wall is covered in plasterboard
that is 'glued' to the wall by an adhesive.
In his MH Emmit

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I would use double sided tape and a short screw or two, I put three hooks on the back of our wardrobe door like this and they have never moved, I will add that the hooks didn’t have screw holes so I just drilled and countersunk them.

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Nano tape might work, I do have some in the MH, it needs to be strong enough to withstand yanking on the tapes to pull the blanket out. I could supplement the nano behind the hook with nano on the back of the blanket pouch as well I guess.
Nano tape is great I have stuck the fire co2 alarm on the ceiling with it never moved 🤞 been up there for nearly 3 year's , good luck.

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
I've used this for loads of things.Its got massive gripping strength
Screenshot_20231023_215154_Chrome.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun