Need to find new insurance company (1 Viewer)

Captain Lloyd

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 18, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094df
Exp
5 years
I have been insured with safeguard for 2 years my renewal premium for next year was £800 unfortunately during that year I had an accident on my motorcycle which involved a claim, obviously had to tell Safeguard so now they want £1600. Can anyone suggest where I should go for a better quote. Thanks

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
I have been insured with safeguard for 2 years my renewal premium for next year was £800 unfortunately during that year I had an accident on my motorcycle which involved a claim, obviously had to tell Safeguard so now they want £1600. Can anyone suggest where I should go for a better quote. Thanks
When I had a similar situation and it was obvious safeguard didn't want me I got a reasonable quote from Staveley Head.

Won't willingly go back to safeguard now.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Try Comfort. Didn't make a lot of difference when someone ran into the back of our car and we had to claim.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I was with Safeguard and somebody reversed into the motorhome in a car park in Belgium. Not my fault but it took a long time to sort out, so it was recorded as a fault event. I declared it to both car insurers and scooters insurers and it had a very minor effect to the price. Safeguard's insurance rocketed up.

I shopped around and found Comfort were less than half Safeguard's price. They insisted on a Cat 5 or 6 tracker even though I already had the cat 1 alarm Safeguard demanded. But it was still cheaper to go with Comfort, fit the tracker and pay the first year's subscription.

OP
OP
Captain Lloyd

Captain Lloyd

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 18, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094df
Exp
5 years
I was with Safeguard and somebody reversed into the motorhome in a car park in Belgium. Not my fault but it took a long time to sort out, so it was recorded as a fault event. I declared it to both car insurers and scooters insurers and it had a very minor effect to the price. Safeguard's insurance rocketed up.

I shopped around and found Comfort were less than half Safeguard's price. They insisted on a Cat 5 or 6 tracker even though I already had the cat 1 alarm Safeguard demanded. But it was still cheaper to go with Comfort, fit the tracker and pay the first year's subscription.
I’ve gone with Comfort a third the price, already had a cat 6 tracker.
Unbelievable how do these insurance companies come up with a price.
Thanks

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
comfort seem to have a more sympathetic view . i was with safeguard several years ago and stupidly reversed into a car. premium rocketed so went to Comfort for a fair price been with them since.

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003
Try Motorhome Direct for a quote.. 01993 894730.. They seem to be beating everyone on quotes for all my customers and I have recently renewed my insurance with them..

They do ask alot of questions but worth it if it saves you money (y)

James

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back