NEC Motorhome Show let down (1 Viewer)

Mar 18, 2015
Burrough on the Hill, Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 886f
Exp
Since 2014
We went on Wednesday and arrived at about 10:15 and no joke they shut the doors behind me as I left. Never really got the chance to look at the accessory side of things let alone have a nose in a campavan, caravan or a tent.
We had a "shortlist" of potential vans and the show provided us with the perfect opportunity to view all bar one in the same place. Being able to sit in one MH, then pop over to another, then back again, time and time again was invaluable as far as we were concerned. You couldn't do that at a dealers.
As i've stated on another thread we went with the aim of buying one particular MH and came away with something completely different. Solely down to being able to directly compare one with another. Now all i've got to do is pay for it!

I should say a thanks to Brownhills for the show invite even though they knew we had competitors models on our "shortlist".

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Thanks Jim.

That information had not come my way, as most posters talk about what accessories they bought, who they met and the entertainment.

Geoff
The outdoor shows have loads of used vans as well as new. Also loads of accessories you never knew you needed!
The indoor shows like the NEC are new vans and a few accessories

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
The outdoor shows have loads of used vans as well as new. Also loads of accessories you never knew you needed!
The indoor shows like the NEC are new vans and a few accessories

Is there anyway to get a list of used MHs that will be on show?

Will have to be last minute as some may sell before the show.

Geoff

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Is there anyway to get a list of used MHs that will be on show?

Will have to be last minute as some may sell before the show.

Geoff
Look at the traders list before the show and phone around the dealers attending telling them what you are looking for.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisan

Free Member
May 21, 2019
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I think I understand why they do it but I would like to see the accessories in one area also ditto awnings etc. Also I think it is not clear (until you have been there a few hours) how to negotiate from one hall to another without walking in the wrong direct for awhile and why have the exhibitors numbers if their not displayed? you cant clearly see whether you are progressing up or down numerically. When I used to work the trade Motor Show all the stands had to have their location numbers on display. The Motorhome/Camper sales guys I talked to were blaming the tax change and saying it could be the death of the industry"! That might be a bit extreme but advising us in the same breath "don't worry about it we are picking up the initial cost, well they only have so much to play with, its still our negotiating pot that I would think its coming out off.

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
We only went to see the accesory area and ebikes etc but saved our ticket price by picking up an ACSI book and were able to look at French Campsites.
An awful lot of people just circulating and looking but didnt see many actually paying out.
Must be very hard for the smaller traders to justify the cost and disruption of even a small stand but they are often the main attraction, for us at least.
Mike & Ann

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
If you can you should visit Dusseldorf show now that is a show, Hymer hall alone is about the size of the NEC every new model on show from most of the manufacturers
We went to Dusseldorf Show years ago well organised ,but the continental Habitation Specs, were not our taste, but still enjoyed it, the one spec. that stuck to my mind was a Automatic Washing fixed under the bed and had Stressed furniture ,French make of course.
Gave Feb. show a miss this year as not impressed with last Febs. we like to go to the October Show though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back