Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
Five minutes ago I received an URGENT message from a severe sounding officer who was advising me that my National Health Number was being used in criminal activities.
I was instructed to press one .
I instantly turned my phone off and only came back on here as I was logged onto the forum when the call came✌️

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Five minutes ago I received an URGENT message from a severe sounding officer who was advising me that my National Health Number was being used in criminal activities.
I was instructed to press one .
I instantly turned my phone off and only came back on here as I was logged onto the forum when the call came✌️
I have had 3 calls off them today, even after blocking the number , I thought he said NI number, and I was going to be arrested

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
I have had 3 calls off them today, even after blocking the number , I thought he said NI number, and I was going to be arrested

They spoof the numbers that they appear to come from, so the numbers seem similar, but different every time, so blocking them will have minimal effect

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
You can report spam calls and texts to OfCOM on 7726. They can then investigate properly.

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
When `i received the numerous ambulance chasing calls re being involved in an accident. I would sit and lead them up the garden path. That all changed when if I said i had been involved in an accident that wanted my details to get back to me. I would then say you must have them, the caller would say that they could not see thee info so needed it again. Then it wasn't fun anymore when I was giving info out so stopped playing.

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
had the NI one today, if i did not press 1 to speak to an officer a warrant will be issued for my arrest.
bring it on

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
An early function of the Police & Criminal Evidence Act was the requirement to report to the Bank's Head Office if your Branch held any of the suspicious accounts that were listed on a the Daily Head Office Circular. At the time of this particular incident, I had been transferred from Peterborough to Southampton and was staying at a local hotel until I could find a house in Southampton, so I came up on the HO Circular, having opened an account in Southampton, whilst my permanent address was in Peterborough!

I rang Head Office as instructed and reported this account in the name of March. 'And your name, sir?' asked the bored Head Office bod. 'March' ... 'No, you've given me the name of the account. I need your name and position at the Branch,' he 'clarified'. 'The account is in the name of March, my name is March, one and the same, and I am the new Manager ... Should I resign now, or await the outcome of the investigation ... ?' :unsure: :LOL:

Steve

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Hello, BT here. You reset your password for a*i*o*g*g*@*o*g*e*a*l*c*m on 25/06. If you didn't request that, reset it now at bt.com/forgotpassword Thanks.

another one!

Cheers James

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
Why bother, they will never stop them no matter how hard they try.
Stop one another begins.
They arrested a load of scroats for the Royal Mail scam, based on reports to the NCA/OfCOM service.

Eight arrests in Royal Mail text scam investigation https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-57226704

Sure, there are a lot of scroats out there, but as much as they might want to be, they ain’t Medusas! Every little helps.

Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
My Samsung blocks potential fraud and spam calls before I can answer..
don't have landline.

If one slips through and it's a number I don't recognize I rarely answer it..
If it's anyone important they will leave a voicemail or text me..

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
They arrested a load of scroats for the Royal Mail scam, based on reports to the NCA/OfCOM service.

Eight arrests in Royal Mail text scam investigation https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-57226704

Sure, there are a lot of scroats out there, but as much as they might want to be, they ain’t Medusas! Every little helps.

The article refers to a week of action. What have they been doing for the other 51 weeks?

Get cracking - there are thousands more scammers who deserve to be brought to justice, and quickly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back