Oct 27, 2009
Essex, no white stilletos
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E460
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello all
This has probably been asked before but here goes, i've got this fridge in my Bessacarr E460 , it works fine on 240V and gas on auto energy selection, but when i come off hookup and turn off gas to leave site and start engine it won't default to 12V using SES , however if i leave the engine running and select battery manually it works fine so the fridge must be getting a 12V signal from the running engine ok .Even if i switch off the engine and restart it works ok in manual , I'm still trying to get my head around this , is this the way the fridge is set up or am i missing something ? especially as i am not an electrical boffin. I was under the impression that if its left in auto selection it would choose the appropriate one !! Any ideas ?

Happy Jim

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 13, 2017
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9095DF
Exp
Since June 2017
Sounds like the D+ is missing.

The fridge will be permanently connected to 12V, but won’t know to use it unless it see’s 12V on the D+ terminal (12V pos wire from the alternator).

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
i thought ses fridges are manual my aes is automatic i thought that the a means automatic but stand to be corrected

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
F thE fridge works when you manually select 12 volt and goes off when you stop the engine its probably a fault with the pub. There is a permanent 12 volt supply to the fridge. The d+ signal closes a relay to allow the 12 volt to connect to the element to cool the fridge. There are tow 12 volts supplies

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
If you have a Sargent PSU, 400/500 type, the D+ control is built into it to operate the fridge 12v ,battery split charging etc. Have you checked the fuses on the PSU (If it is a Sargent unit, there may be two , one for fridge and another for fridge D+)
Can you confirm which make/ model your fridge is?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
As the D+ signal is ok with manual control it may be a fridge power control board problem which is not allowing the Smart Energy Selection to operate as it should , and change the power source automatically , but I think you may need a Thetford Motorhome/Caravan fridge repair agent to confirm this and replace if required.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back