My Morelo visit (2 Viewers)

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Now I’ve started to get over the shock of being back at work I thought I’d give my experience of the Morelo visit
Arrived at the Stellplatz quite late after a long day driving, first impressions were it has plenty of room, and looking at some of the behemoths parked up it’s a good job, we were woken early with the construction team as obviously it’s not completed and barriers were being installed.

We headed up to the showroom and had a v nice welcome from security, took our temps filled out a form and gave us a heads up where to park, we headed into the showroom and were told to explore, got to admit the quality in these things was v satisfying, everything opened, closed with satisfying clunk, I’ve been to quite a few shows and you start looking around and you always find something that is falling off or poorly fitted.

What we did decide, for comparable size and layout to ours we wouldn’t be able go below a palace (would love a liner) Anyway, maybe if we won the big one we could afford it, back to reality and what I really wanted to see was the used ones outside on the tarmac to see how they had aged.
I had a wander and I think there was Three or Four Palaces of various ages, I headed back to the office and asked if I could look at the palaces outside, they were all locked. Which one sir? All four please, he looked confused, so I said I want to compare equipment across them all and price range, one moment sir, he made a couple of steps to the office key press and stopped, sorry I don’t know the code, the man that could won’t be back for an hr at least! Does anyone else have it? No sir sorry, to be fair I felt like saying stop taking the piss I don’t believe only one person can know the number.
I’m afraid this pissed me right off but I contained myself, I explained we’d travelled especially to go there and still had another v long day ahead. Waiting for somebody that may turn up or not wasn’t going to happen, so what started out a really fantastic customer service experience from the security guard turned out to be a massive let down by whoever the guy in the office was.
Ok I wasn’t buying but it was a precursor to starting investigating models, wear and tear, technology, pricing etc.
So have I been put off, no and I need to sell my own first and put the cash into the m home fund, I’m doing my class Two shortly and this opens up a few more possibilities and I will also look at the Concordes, incidentally has anyone seen the Concorde liner with Fiat 500 on Auto trader seems v cheap and based in Guernsey just need that license.
Cheers
Mark

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Hi
No I phoned a couple of days earlier and was told just turn up, they weren’t doing the factory tours which an appointment is required
Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Now I’ve started to get over the shock of being back at work I thought I’d give my experience of the Morelo visit
Arrived at the Stellplatz quite late after a long day driving, first impressions were it has plenty of room, and looking at some of the behemoths parked up it’s a good job, we were woken early with the construction team as obviously it’s not completed and barriers were being installed.

We headed up to the showroom and had a v nice welcome from security, took our temps filled out a form and gave us a heads up where to park, we headed into the showroom and were told to explore, got to admit the quality in these things was v satisfying, everything opened, closed with satisfying clunk, I’ve been to quite a few shows and you start looking around and you always find something that is falling off or poorly fitted.

What we did decide, for comparable size and layout to ours we wouldn’t be able go below a palace (would love a liner) Anyway, maybe if we won the big one we could afford it, back to reality and what I really wanted to see was the used ones outside on the tarmac to see how they had aged.
I had a wander and I think there was Three or Four Palaces of various ages, I headed back to the office and asked if I could look at the palaces outside, they were all locked. Which one sir? All four please, he looked confused, so I said I want to compare equipment across them all and price range, one moment sir, he made a couple of steps to the office key press and stopped, sorry I don’t know the code, the man that could won’t be back for an hr at least! Does anyone else have it? No sir sorry, to be fair I felt like saying stop taking the piss I don’t believe only one person can know the number.
I’m afraid this pissed me right off but I contained myself, I explained we’d travelled especially to go there and still had another v long day ahead. Waiting for somebody that may turn up or not wasn’t going to happen, so what started out a really fantastic customer service experience from the security guard turned out to be a massive let down by whoever the guy in the office was.
Ok I wasn’t buying but it was a precursor to starting investigating models, wear and tear, technology, pricing etc.
So have I been put off, no and I need to sell my own first and put the cash into the m home fund, I’m doing my class Two shortly and this opens up a few more possibilities and I will also look at the Concordes, incidentally has anyone seen the Concorde liner with Fiat 500 on Auto trader seems v cheap and based in Guernsey just need that license.
Cheers
Mark
Unfortunately some of the most prestigious brands in the vehicle market really forget who the customer is. Our nearest Range Rover dealership are far too up themselves to provide you a professional, efficient relationship. Difficult to not take it personally but if more people like yourselves voted with their feet maybe it would change - actually it probably wouldn’t!

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
I don't think it's too bad of them, sounds genuine to me, waiting an hour or so not too bad, breakfast and a drink in order whilst waiting.
I had a long drive ahead and the following day, maybe if I wasn’t heading home we could have waited, I don’t believe only one person has the key press code to the used vehicles the body language said it all to be honest.

May 12, 2019
Tyneside-Cadiz: All points between!
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Years Tugging - Newbie MHing

Cheers
Mark
I'm hoping to visit the showroom on Monday next week. Could you tell me if the stelplatz is attached to the showroom, and does it have services?

Good write up and review, thanks.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I had a long drive ahead and the following day, maybe if I wasn’t heading home we could have waited, I don’t believe only one person has the key press code to the used vehicles the body language said it all to be honest.

Now you know you did not allow enough time for the visit. Did you not instruct them to be at your beck and call for the 2 hours or whatever you allowed them.

Had it been France they may have gone off for their 2 hour lunch.

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
I'm hoping to visit the showroom on Monday next week. Could you tell me if the stelplatz is attached to the showroom, and does it have services?

Rather than turn right up to the showroom carry straight on, the road is a dirt track unless they have put tarmac down by then, just drive up in the morning security does his bit you park up👍
Yes it has services (free)

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Now you know you did not allow enough time for the visit. Did you not instruct them to be at your beck and call for the 2 hours or whatever you allowed them.

Had it been France they may have gone off for their 2 hour lunch.
Didn’t want beck and call, I didn’t even want to approach a salesman, I only asked to look around 4 vans, don’t need my hand held, I’d rather not have a salesman stood over my shoulder, as stated I should have made more time, my point being if only one person can open a key press it looks like they’re jemmy bar ing it open if he drops dead or maybe he has it tattooed on the inside of his lip just in case of death

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Taken from the Morelo website

We ask you to not do spontaneous visitations until further notice – we are doing our utmost to ensure a continuous smooth operation.

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
As stated, phoned ahead Two days prior to confirm my arrival and was told fine, no problem.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Years ago I worked with someone who had a very well off friend who didn't look it. They went to the local Jag showroom and were given the brush off by the salesman. They bought a new one somewhere else then called in to show it to him!
If they said just turn up when asked it doesn't matter what's on the website. They seem to have forgotten who pays their wages.

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Taken from the Morelo website

We ask you to not do spontaneous visitations until further notice – we are doing our utmost to ensure a continuous smooth operation.

Just to be clear here, I wasn’t going for a factory visit as per attachment, just to look and start getting my head around tech durability etc

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Just to be clear here, I wasn’t going for a factory visit as per attachment, just to look and start getting my head around tech durability etc
Think they were referring to showroom visits

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Unfortunately some of the most prestigious brands in the vehicle market really forget who the customer is. Our nearest Range Rover dealership are far too up themselves to provide you a professional, efficient relationship. Difficult to not take it personally but if more people like yourselves voted with their feet maybe it would change - actually it probably wouldn’t!
Just had our latest Which and Land Rover have been announced as the most unreliable car in both under and over 3 years old categories according to customers and their reviews and surveys. If they don't sort it out soon they'll be so up themselves they will have gone bust!

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
The current situation forces us to take extraordinary measures. Therefore, we have immediately restricted all visitations to our factory premises as of right now. This also includes our SERVICE CENTER.
This isn’t the showroom

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
The current situation forces us to take extraordinary measures. Therefore, we have immediately restricted all visitations to our factory premises as of right now. This also includes our SERVICE CENTER.
This isn’t the showroom
I think the factory premises means the whole place as the showroom is attached to the factory.
I think they are concerned about keeping covid out of their factory.
Also English is not their first language so the translation of the original German version may not be perfect

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Just had our latest Which and Land Rover have been announced as the most unreliable car in both under and over 3 years old categories according to customers and their reviews and surveys. If they don't sort it out soon they'll be so up themselves they will have gone bust!
My 64 plt defender is going back in for almost a full respray next week, corrosion appearing in v strange places chassis was sorted/protected from day one, price on the forecourt is as it was six years ago, wish my choice of m home would do that 😁

Last edited:
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I think the factory premises means the whole place as the showroom is attached to the factory.
I think they are concerned about keeping covid out of their factory.
Also English is not their first language so the translation of the original German version may not be perfect
I don’t know when your visit was but I understand that many (if not all) of their sales and showroom staff were recently at the Caravan Salon show and had to self isolate before being allowed to return to work.

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
They’ll never go bust; as they’ve been one of the most unreliable over sensitive motors ever made for many years, IMHO (between T and I we’ve had six)

Like many others who love the brand we all keep going back.... I’ll give you three guesses on what she wants for her 50th.....

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Not long after, I think the point I’m making here is, I didn’t want any salesman intervention, it would of been nice for the guy to at least ask for the code from somebody, I also said it wouldn’t put me off, if it was the case a salesman was available maybe they would have approached but I would still have told them I’m just looking, if I have enough for one in the future and one is on their forecourt I wouldn’t hesitate to go out to look but there are plenty of dealers in Germany with used Morelos/ Concordes etc, just for a curve ball I may consider a diesel pusher tank if I can find almost new, with newer tech as per the new fords v8 instead of v10 new chassis, who knows, I’ll wait to pass my LGV and see where it takes me

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Had 5 new Range Rovers all but 1 went back multiple times for repairs, some very expensive some not so.
All covered under warranty with no issues.
looking at another now but won’t keep once out of warranty😁

Test drove a new XC90, very nice but you cannot beat a Range Rover ride😁

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Traded my sport in for a new defender, my other half was not impressed, after two weeks exploring around the highlands she loved it
1970D794-8AC0-4916-A5C1-784E89CEB15A.jpeg

A279DA2F-C03F-4D2A-84BC-EF7408E3B768.jpeg

B3EC126B-BCC1-4839-B158-94574BECB43F.jpeg

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
After viewing four vehicles would they all need to be cleaned and sanitised....?
Probably, what’s the difference between the showroom and used?
The vans all had sanitiser at the doors before entry.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

Give us a shout we should be in the Stellplatz Monday, Palace YN20 --V

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back