Muddy dog paw solutions from other dog owners please? (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Wont be long now until me and my two start MHing.
Other than trying to towel dry them after a muddy walk (which doesnt really work), what other tips do others have for getting the worst off before they come inside please?

I have a huge square planter tray (almost a 1m x 1m) and i was thinking of using it as a paw wash to get the worst off. Interior is wood flooring and leather so can be wiped clean afterwards.
What do others do?

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Some sites have a dog wash facility but my son uses a bucket to wash and another to rinse.

La Source Sept 2019 010.JPG

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I have an outside tap to wash off the worst.

Then I towel dry as much as possible, it still goes everywhere and I just accept it and clean up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP

Deleted User
Some sites have a dog wash facility but my son uses a bucket to wash and another to rinse.

View attachment 517824
not sure my sub 30kg dogs would put up with that lol!
Think the MH im getting may have an external shower point, but it would be a bit of a faff on a miserable rainy day.

Upvote 0
OP
OP

Deleted User
Dunk feet individually in a bucket or bowl of water before squeezing off the surplus and towling dry. Works perfectly and my dogs quickly learned the routine.
thanks, yes, thats my idea with the planter tray, its big enough for them to stand in and about 3+" deep. Bit like the old foot wash they used to have at swimming pools. I can leave it outside and top it up or just let the rain fill it when it needs changing.

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Remove your carpets and fit/cut turtle mats to suite your van. Then throw them in the washing machine after each trip.

Upvote 0

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
I'm happy cleaning up muddy paw prints it's the bloody he leaves every where that gets to me

Upvote 0
OP
OP

Deleted User
We carry one of these for our mountain bikes, low pressure and can be adjusted further so no blowing bits off!

lol, im not pressure washing my dogs :D (even though i have one)

Upvote 0
Jun 21, 2021
Funster No
MH
Not applicable
We have a Cocker Spaniel and we would recommend some form of shower for speed and ease of getting him clean. So we have two solutions.we would recommend

1 Bullfinch external shower - hot/cold mixer, plumbed in our van with separate pump switch for £269

https://www.gasproducts.co.uk/bullf...7frv5zTXFve2BvgSVsGTcI3dNxPdIwWxoCE2gQAvD_BwE

Second recommendation to follow

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2017
North wales
Funster No
MH
Ace Napoli (Swift)
Exp
Since February 2019
I just stick shower head out of the window..it does take 2.. 1 to shower the dog and 1 to pass shower head through and operate controls..

Upvote 0
Jan 20, 2021
Northamptonshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Vantage Sol
Try a Dexas Mudbuster. This is like a plastic jar with silicone soft teeth around the top. You fill with lukewarm water, put the offending paw in, twist back and forward and the silicone teeth clean the paw. We use one for our dog, they are cheap and easy to take on holiday in the van. Doesn't help the muddy tummies though.

Upvote 0
Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
On the couple of occasions muttly has needed drying he has been very wary of the towel. He wouldn’t let us dry his head and he has a tender patch on his side.
At some point we are going to have to try bathing him. I don’t think in his past life he has ever been bathed. It’s only been four months since we adopted him so it’s early days I suppose.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We have two solutions - if we know it's going to be muddy they have their equafleeces on (first picture). The body suit covers nearly all of them and they stay dry and clean underneath. We just use ruff and tumble gloves to dry their paws, tail etc. Equafleeces wash and dry easily. If they come back wet and muddy, the Ruff and tumble coat absorbs water and mud (second picture). When I take them for their early morning walk they usually come back wet from the long grass.

Attachments

• Mamhead.jpg
    Mamhead.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
  • 23rd June 3a.jpg
    23rd June 3a.jpg
    888.5 KB · Views: 32
Upvote 0
Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
We have a variety of options! Many of them already mentioned - washable mats, lots of towels, Rough & Tumble coats and mitts, Colapz portable shower, Hozelock portashower, Paw Plunger (dogs generally terrified of this :oops:). Watering can also useful.

One of the quickest and easiest options for feet and legs is the Paw Buddy - surprisingly effective and great for the van as it only uses a small amount of water :giggle: https://bootbuddy.com/products/paw-buddy

Upvote 0
Jun 4, 2020
Holmfirth
Funster No
MH
Roller team 707
Exp
First timer
Aquasorb dog towel from Amazon is really good for drying wet muddy paws. It costs less than £10. Use it, rinse it out in water and store in its plastic container to keep it moist. Fab invention, feels like it shouldn't work but it does!

Upvote 0

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
lol, im not pressure washing my dogs :D (even though i have one)
We have the Karcher portable pressure washer and purchased their specific cone jet attachment that produces a gentle shower stream, perfect for washing our 30kg Dalmatian off after a muddy walk. Fortunately, being shorthaired, he's very easy to dry off.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back